BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

What Did You Want To Become When You Were A Child?

Discussion in 'Planning Your Business' started by FreelancingQueen, May 12, 2016.

Share This Page

1. FreelancingQueen

FreelancingQueen Entrepreneur

Many people have known from the time they were very young exactly what they wanted to do when they became adults. I really loved to write as a young girl, but I never really gave any thought to becoming a writer as an adult. What did you want to do as a child and have you actually done that?

2. Valerie

Valerie Entrepreneur

When I was really young I dreamed of becoming an Olympic figure skater or professional dancer -- after seeing musicals on Broadway. But then I was diagnosed with chronic asthma and allergies. I was also overweight. Those dreams were laughed at, so I nixed them.

In middle school, I wanted to be an assassin and a novelist. Weird, I know. I didn't have much faith in humanity even at 12 years old, haha.

In high school, I kind of threw my hands up and said, "whatever, man, I'll be a bartender." No joke.

Even now, I still don't think I've truly grown up. Forever young. I reverted back to my original childhood goal of becoming a dancer. I'm also now a professional bartender, yoga instructor and writer.

3. Nathaneal

Nathaneal Entrepreneur

I wanted to be a chef! But I gave that up a while back, I should look back into it! Cooking is muy fun

4. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Entrepreneur

I thought I would become an extreme sports figure, but the world didn't embrace extreme sports then as it does now. So, I decided to become an entrepreneur at sixteen. I did it!

5. G4LJW

G4LJW Entrepreneur

I remember watching the moon landings live on TV, and thinking that looked like a nice job.... But I've settled for working on the computer now!

6. azgold

azgold Moderator Entrepreneur

A writer. And a mom.

Accomplished both, trying new stuff now. :)

7. ekhlas

ekhlas Entrepreneur

I wanted to become a celebrity, but I believe we all are celebrities in our lives, to our families and to our society. However, I am an entrepreneur now.

8. azgold

There are plenty of celebrity entrepreneurs - Chaz Dean, Warren Buffet, Sir Richard Branson, Donald Trump, lots more. So you can still realize your dream! :)

ekhlas likes this.
  9. Amir Campbell

Amir Campbell Entrepreneur

Believe it or not, I wanted to literally fly around the world and help people get well. Like I wanted to literally fly wiht my physical body like superman with my friends to different islands and heal people.

You Asked lol :)

azgold likes this.
  10. VirtualGlobalPhone

VirtualGlobalPhone Moderator Entrepreneur

When i was teenager was very passionate to serve in Armed force to protect my home country. Nothing much changed from my child hood 'dream of doing' to now... I still serve my country being entrepreneur!!! loved and loving every bit of it.

11. azgold

:D Love it! A healing super hero.

Amir Campbell likes this.
  12. Hassan

Hassan Entrepreneur

Hi all,
    It might sound strange but i for one never had any dreams or ambitions when i was growing up. May be it was because i was so much smothered by my parents that i was under the impression that every thing will be offered to me on a plate. (WRONGGGG)
    Eventually when i started my construction business its was exceptionally hard for me. I did good in it.
    So i guess you can succeed without having any dreams or ambitions.
    I may not be as successful as the next person but lets say i am satisfied with my achievements.:)

13. VirtualGlobalPhone

VirtualGlobalPhone Moderator Entrepreneur

Nicely put..

Can it be considered that love , trust and respect towards your family was so high that you simply outsourced 'dream' and 'ambition'. Because if you didn't had one, then you wouldn't have been registering for entrepreneurfix today!, is it not ? Just a thought .....

14. Hassan

Hassan Entrepreneur

Yes, i agree 100%. Yes me joining this forum is a hint that there is still hunger in me..(greedy meeee)

VirtualGlobalPhone likes this.
  15. azgold

Nothing wrong with healthy ambition and wanting to do well in life. At least, I don't think so.

VirtualGlobalPhone likes this.
  16. Hassan

Hassan Entrepreneur

Thanks Azgold... Appreciate that..

azgold likes this.
  17. Wanderer1689

Wanderer1689 Entrepreneur

The moment I realized that I was working very hard for my employer was the moment when I realized that I should start my own business and do the same hard work for myself. I am a entrepreneur now.