BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. ZayVon Johnson

ZayVon Johnson Entrepreneur

Hi EntrepreneurFix! I'm always looking to improve/differentiate myself from the competition and I would like to know what is your opinion on being different aside from just being "better quality". It's not easy finding articles on this topic so I wanted to start a conversation instead. Thanks for all of your input!

T J Tutor likes this.

2. Prinston Hicks

Prinston Hicks Entrepreneur

I believe that a business becomes different when you are able to bring your unique personal characteristics into to play. This is done in a number of ways but the main way is with the vision! People can copy your, ideas, concepts, strategies, and even content but that unique vision will be what sets a business apart. Nobody can copy what is unique about you. I think it's common to shy away from personal traits in business but this is what ultimately ends up making a business different.

VirtualGlobalPhone likes this.
  3. stark_intern

stark_intern Entrepreneur

They can clone your entire process down to the last detail--but they can't clone the innovative mind that came up with it. Yet.

4. VirtualGlobalPhone

VirtualGlobalPhone Moderator Entrepreneur

Hello @ZayVon Johnson , Nice topic.

The only way you stand out is to be that 'being', by which you are made of. But today right from parenting to education to work all kill this 'unique being' and make it a 'hungry power / money robots'.

The day you realize this ... your class 1 of 'unlearning' begins.

Entrepreneur is one such portal you get access to it.

5. stark_intern

stark_intern Entrepreneur

@VirtualGlobalPhone

Precisely.

Perhaps there was a time when they meant well, but these days public school seems engineered to indoctrinate children into the closest they can get to obedient workers who do as they're told, when they're told. After that it's college, which is business sorely engineered to permanently shackle young adults with crippling debt that earns banks tidy profits (Citi/BofA/Wells literally pitch tents there!). By the time the student comes out the other end, the college's product is ready to enter the workforce and serve out it's term before being put to pasture. The retirement they counted upon isn't even there anymore.

Everyday I watch from my apartment as kids board the school bus, only dimly aware of what lies ahead.

This...circus...it's honestly sickening.

VirtualGlobalPhone likes this.
  6. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Entrepreneur

This requires extensive research. The result will tell you where the least represented knowledge and product base may be which will in turn offer you the least resistance for initial entry and give you the opportunity to fill a void in the industry. This makes you more unique over others.

7. Amir Campbell

Amir Campbell Entrepreneur

Everybody is right on the mark. Go the extra mile in providing great customer service. This has been a tremendous help to me in my Personal Training business. Knwo your stuff and be able to fix problems before they even exist. The more you hear your customers say "wow!", the more you know that your actions are taking you in the right direction.

I'l also add that you must BE YOURSELF. Your skills + YOUR personailty + Focused effort = Massive success for you!

Good Luck!!

Best,

Amir Campbell