BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

What are the best sites to write for?

Discussion in 'Useful Resources and Inspirations' started by Sora, Feb 21, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Sora

Sora Entrepreneur

I've been writing as a freelancer for nearly two years now, mostly with individual clients, and it hasn't been as promising as I would have hoped. Not to mention that the experience of being cheated for your effort has been pretty high in my case.

Any suggestions on websites that I can write for without fear of such disappointments? I'm a non-US resident so many successful sites are unavailable to me. I don't mind researching and writing long articles as long as they pay me in the end.

I recently submitted an article on Listverse but haven't heard from them yet. Any idea how long they take to respond to submissions?

2. rz3300

rz3300 Entrepreneur

I am really not familiar with anything substantial when it comes to writing online, but I am sure that if you do some research you can find something out there. Every time I have found something that is similar to freelancing it is usually some sort of scam or is way too good to be true, so unless it is a recognized name you might be in for a sale. I hope that it works out for Listverse for you...I happen to really like that site.

3. onlinecashcity

onlinecashcity Entrepreneur

iWriter, HireWriters, TextBroker are all sites I have written articles/blog posts for and have made a few bucks.

4. thedude

thedude Entrepreneur

Yea check out Upwork, the world's largest online workplace

I was looking on it for writers recently. You set your own hourly rate and create a profile so people can hire you. Upwork takes a 10% cut of the job. Upwork is formerly oDesk, it's a pretty big site so you will have a lot of competition, but also a lot of exposure!

5. stillsmallworld.com

stillsmallworld.com Entrepreneur

What about writing your own book and self-publishing on Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing? I read an AMA years ago on Reddit from someone who wrote a romance novel every 1-2 days and was making a killing from residuals. Obviously, that is very nichey and may not be your thing, but once the writing is out there, it can only make you money.

6. blenly

blenly Entrepreneur

@thedude I second the use of Upwork. I haven't actually used it for writers but I have used it for some translation work and I had no problems. There definitely are copywriters on there. I think the majority of people do use it for continuous work rather than one of jobs.

7. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

While I'm not really that experienced with working online, I know people have had some success with Textbroker in the past.

They've been going quite a while now and have a pretty good reputation, so that to me suggests that they at least pay you for any work you do, and it sounds like from your past experiences that's something that will be unfamiliar, so a step in the right direction at least.

8. Bonyi

Bonyi Entrepreneur

The best site I write for now is postloop. They're have been consistent for the past three years that I have been with them and I must say that they have a good system. I plan to join more sites like theirs if I see any.

9. swalia

swalia Entrepreneur

I am writing on hubpages and blogjob. I have yet to earn on hubpages but I am earning on blogjob. New registrations are currently closed at blogjob but woulf be opened soon.

10. remnant

remnant Entrepreneur

I have written for a long time for various websites since the year 2012. A word of caution is that most websites are scam sites. Some of the best sites to write for include blogjob.com, wealthyaffiliate.com and iwriter.com. Hope this helps. If you are a hard worker, you can't in wrong with essaywriters.net.

11. djentre

djentre Entrepreneur

Listverse get a ton of mails each day. And they don't respond unless your list is accepted.

Here's what I do, you may try this if you want:

1. What I do to cheaters: First of all, I use sites that are pro-freelancer. And there are a ton of those. I also make sure that the mail trail is always clear. And I always use sites that use an escrow account. When applying on sites like Guru, I always check whether this person claiming to pay $1000 has actually ever paid anyone a penny. There are people on Guru and Upwork who have paid thousands of dollars and these are the people you need to work with and for. Finally, after all this due diligence when someone doesn't pay up, I simply post the article across the board, from hubpages to other websites. This way, its my intellectual property and I have on more than one occasion had a guy's content taken down because he simply thought stealing something could work. Plus, once as a client you get a bad rep on a place like freelancer, you almost become untouchable.

2. Learning to Fish: The way I see it, its always better to learn to fish than to get fed fish once in a while. Use Hubpages and similar platforms to learn how to sell great content and how to use advertising. By the time you're done with hubpages, you would have written a bunch of engaging articles and you would have necessarily created accounts on google adsense, amazon affiliates, etc. This means you would have learnt how to earn via advertising from your content. Once you gain confidence, you should start your own content site - a blog is not enough. Have videos, podcasts, forums, and webinars all in one place. Then give the thing time to grow.

3. Earning immediately: Freelancer, Guru, Upwork, Fiverr, and Warrior Forums, are the places that you can use to earn immediately. Also, reddit has a couple of sub-reddits that are always filled with opportunities. Never use a site that doesn't use escrow. Even if you find someone on a forum who wants you to do some work, invite them to your fiverr page or something, so that they'd have to put money into the escrow account, and you would be able to get a review.

Finally, search for "write for us" on google. And write for them if possible. You can usually find out whether a website pays or not by simply checking their reviews and reading through their "conditions". Anyone with absurdly stringent conditions is probably going to walk away with your money.

doodles67 likes this.
  12. ReadmeByAmy

ReadmeByAmy Entrepreneur

I had been writing for Postloop for two years now and I may say that it is such a good site and pays on time. Late last November 2015 I had also subscribed to Forum Coin and right now I am active working too in this site. Then two days ago I tried my luck after taking their evaluation test at Forum Wheel yesterday I had received that I passed as one of their writers and today I will start already writing for them. There are many sites that you can search that will interest you that is why don't be disappointed and it will surely come. Well, all the best of luck to you!

13. Bonyi

Bonyi Entrepreneur

I have been with postloop since 2013 and I must say that they have a good system. They are the only site I write for now. I look forward to working with other sites that are like them.

14. Bonyi

Bonyi Entrepreneur

I have been with postloop since 2013 and I must say that they have a good system. They are the only site I write for now. I look forward to working with other sites that are like them.

15. Ladyferoz

Ladyferoz Entrepreneur

Wow, 3 years? That is impressive. How much money have you made over the past 3 years if you do not mind me asking? I doi not really have much experience with writing sites but I have heard that Textbroker and iWriter is good.

16. Valerie

Valerie Entrepreneur

I am also outside of the United States at the moment, so I've faced similar obstacles. But there is hope!

Depending on your writing style, submit articles and content to genre/topic-specific sites. For example, if you know a good way to earn extra cash, submit an article to The Penny Hoarder. If you like writing greeting cards and poetry, submit to Blue Mountain Arts. If you have great narratives, check out Writer's Digest. Humor? Cracked. Lists? I recommend Listverse. Do you do a lot of traveling? There's Great Escape Publishing, Viator Travel Blog, and Transitions Abroad.

If you have a story you want to write, even just a short one, try submitting to places like Clarke's World Magazine and Asimov's. Though these are generally science-fiction based submissions, they do look for other genres as well. Plus, you might find links to other websites pertaining to your interests.

Also, if you like to educate people, try setting up something on About.com. I hear they pay quite well for informative articles.

17. Corazon

Corazon Entrepreneur

Like the others who posted about content provider for forums, I guess that's a pretty good site to work on because it doesn't require articles. It is okay even for people with short attention span like me (I have difficulty in reading long articles). But if you prefer writing articles then Blogjob may be the one for you. Although the earnings in Blogjob is not that good, you can earn more when you are established there because aside from earning from your post, you also earn from the likes and comments on your posts.

18. Vinaya.Ghimire

Vinaya.Ghimire Entrepreneur

There are many good writing sites, but they are not best because one day they can disappoint you. I was writing on Helium, I did not earn big money but the site gave me opportunity to participate on weekly contents and write for the marketplace and et paid upfront. However, it shut down. Thus in my opinion, launch your own blog and publish your work.

19. blenly

blenly Entrepreneur

Do you run your own blog? If so I'd like to know if you write on any of these sites to drive traffic back to your blog?

I have noticed that sites like eZine and HubPages will post your blog link if you get published with them.

20. briannagodess

briannagodess Entrepreneur

I have tried writing for iWriter. And the pay is not that great but it's a nice stepping stone for newbie writers like me back then. The only downside is, you could get rejected even with tons of time and effort provided on one article or project. My advice would be to only accept clients with a sixty percent approval rate and don't go lower than that. If you're lucky to spot one with an eighty percent or higher approval rate, grab that chance.

With ListVerse, there's definitely tons of competition in there. I know that they won't be emailing you for weeks after they have reviewed your work. Good luck and I hope your article gets in!