BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. Corazon

Corazon Entrepreneur

It just occurred to me when I attended a wedding early this year. The wedding planner was paid 300,000 pesos, that more than $7,000. And all they do is make the programme and attend to the documentary needs like permits. Of course, it doesn't stop there because they assist in choosing the caterer, the venue, etc and the fee includes the video coverage. With all the work, it is easy to say that the wedding planner had netted half of that fee. That's good money.

My niece is thinking of being a wedding planner and she is now in the data gathering stage. Her reason is the minimal capital requirement.

bhu likes this.

2. Bonyi

Bonyi Entrepreneur

Sure that's good money to make for doing not much. More so, I don't think a certain qualification is required to be a wedding planner. That's what happens when you do something for the love of it. If your niece loves it, he or she can go for it. It is worth it.

3. acheno84

acheno84 Entrepreneur

Bride-to-be women and families like the idea of a wedding planner since they handle all of the "stressful" things like vendors, times, arrangements, etc. They just keep everything together and timed. When we got married, we definitely did everything ourselves, but only because we didn't have a budget that would allow a wedding planner. If I could go back and do it again, I would definitely have hired someone that I could work with on getting everything set in place because it was stressful trying to do it all alone. But, at the end of the day, everyone enjoyed themselves, nobody knew of the stuff that didn't get done, and it was the best day of my life :)

4. Ladyferoz

Ladyferoz Entrepreneur

If you are passionate I'd say go for it. However wedding planning takes a lot of your time and energy. That $7000 is probably for many moths work. There are blurred lines for beginner wedding planners if the bride has a meltdown at 6 a.m. you have to be there. I have a few wedding planners in my family, and I have seen that it is time-consuming, you lose sleep but if you have the passion for it, then it will be rewarding in the end. It also takes a lot of investments on your behalf to market yourself and stand from the crowd. There are many wedding planners.

bhu likes this.
  5. bhu

bhu Entrepreneur

Hey Corazon, congratulations to your niece on discovering a passion that can become a business she can be proud of! I'm glad she's doing the research beforehand. So many people just dive right in, but if she's going to be in the business of planning for others' special day, this proves she has the right mindset to be successful in that industry. I agree with Ladyferoz that it does take a lot of time and energy. It's a personal services business in which she'll be juggling and coordinating many vendors and situations to deliver the perfect day - every time. That alone has inherent headaches when vendors don't deliver items on time or in perfect condition, which will happen on occasion. She'll need layered backup plans to be ready in an instant and resolve the issues without letting anyone see her sweat. She'll also have to keep current with trends and availability to make those happen in her weddings. Also, she might want to diversify and not just do weddings alone, but events, also, like corporate retreats, board meetings, etc. That could be an additional stream of revenue for months when weddings are slow.

Ladyferoz likes this.