BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Web Developer Captured My Business Site

Discussion in 'Employees and Human Resources' started by Thomas Hale, Jul 18, 2015.

Share This Page

1. Thomas Hale

Thomas Hale Entrepreneur

We build our business website from a web developer. He had the access of domain hosting and everything, that is was the bad idea. After he doing his job we paid him fully. Now we have to make some changes and I called him. He ensure me he'll do everything we needed. We waited 2 weeks and nothing updated, then I called him but he ignore my calls. Right now he ignore everything even don't give any access to my site. What should I do now?

2. William Clements

William Clements Moderator Business Owner Entrepreneur

Not much you can do other than take it as a loss and get your own hosting to host the site on. You can change where it is hosted as long as you have access to the account (hopefully your own account) with a domain site like GoDaddy or NameCheap. Then find another person. Can hard to trust people, I know. I am not a developer but am very good when it comes to wordress so if your interested in using that then PM what you are looking for and I can let you know if I can do it or not, I would also include price as well. I am not yet a programmer or developer but I am working on my B.S. in IT with emphases on web development and coding as my major and web design & security as my minor and will get my masters degree, most likely when done as well. I am back in college as I am so interested in doing IT stuff and helping others with it.

Thomas Hale likes this.
  3. EF-Roger

EF-Roger Entrepreneur

[QUOTE="Thomas Hale, post: 2487, member: 98We build our business website from a web developer. He had the access of domain hosting and everything, that is was the bad idea. After he doing his job we paid him fully. Now we have to make some changes and I called him. He ensure me he'll do everything we needed. We waited 2 weeks and nothing updated, then I called him but he ignore my calls. Right now he ignore everything even don't give any access to my site. What should I do now?[/QUOTE]

Sorry to see this happened to you. People like that give web developers a bad name.

Shane likes this.
  4. Thomas Hale

Thomas Hale Entrepreneur

Thank you so much for your suggestion. I have hired another developer and he makes me happy. I got my website and recover all my business. Now its time to take legal action against the developer.

dyanmarie25 and EF-Roger like this.
  5. Sebastian Fisher

Sebastian Fisher Entrepreneur

That is cool. Congrats to get back your site. Please check my PM.

6. Game Changer

Game Changer Entrepreneur

That's worried especially when tech person come out with fraud. Glad to know that you get your site back as well as took action against him. Let us know what happened then.

EF-Roger likes this.
  7. Twista Tom

Twista Tom Entrepreneur

Well mate you save my day. I just want to start a new business and wan to set up a new website. Now it's time to find out the right developer. Otherwise I'll have to faced same type of issue. Thanks man.

8. aimadnet

aimadnet Entrepreneur

That's so bad. You should have your own hosting + backup feature, that way you control everything, but happy you recover the site.

9. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Entrepreneur

I am glad you've found a new developer who is much reliable and efficient. And yes, it's time for your previous developer to pay for what he has done to you.

10. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

I think stories like this will serve as a warning to others that no matter what sort of access you grant to a third party, its always important to keep control of your site, and not trust anybody with complete control.

At least that way you can revoke the clients access at any time, and even though you might lose the payement you have sent, at least you'll still have your site and it won't be lost.

11. Dewlance

Dewlance Entrepreneur

This is normal in my country but I never heard that anyone occupy client business. You can post their name so he can't do the same with any other person.

Happy to hear that you got your domain/site.

If anyone is facing same issue but your domain name is registered on your name then you can open a dispute in ICANN and get your domain back. (But I know its takes long time however please register your domain as your Trademark to protected your business name)