BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Small Business, and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. EF-Roger

EF-Roger Famous Warrior

2. Take Career of Yourself

Take Career of Yourself New Warrior

Judging by the pic, I'd say they botched that attempt. Besides, without the honey mustard BBQ sauce, they won't get far.

3. Amy

Amy New Warrior

This really upset me. I have a severe dairy allergy. They are cooking the buttermilk chicken sandwich in the same oil as the chicken nuggets and other breaded chicken items on the menu. This means I can no longer order ANY chicken item from McDonalds because they have been cross contaminated by the buttermilk in the fryer. I'm really hoping they get rid of this sandwich soon.

4. EF-Roger

EF-Roger Famous Warrior

Too bad for you. I love Buttermilk myself.

omison likes this.
  5. azgold

azgold Moderator

What the heck is a Chik-fill-a? Okay, I can figure it out by the name and pic but have never seen one offered here. I almost never eat out, so maybe they've launched here but I haven't seen it. Don't think I'd try one anyway, it looks kinda gross to me.

Buttermilk makes me think of my grandma's glass. She loved to drink buttermilk and I've always remembered how the glass looked when she was done. Strange but true.

omison likes this.
  6. harpazo22

harpazo22 Warrior

Chick Fil-A is so good! I love their waffle fries. They do have the best chicken sandwiches too in my opinion. But Chick Fil-A vs. McDonalds? That's not even a competition. McDonalds is horrible quality and horrible taste. They shouldn't even still be functioning.

omison likes this.
  7. Cleveland76

Cleveland76 Warrior

This would be their second attempt at making some sort of Chik-Fil-A chicken sandwich competitor - a few years prior they came out with that crispy southern fried chicken sandwich, along with adding sweet tea to the menu. The funny thing is neither their prior effort, nor this new buttermilk chicken sandwich, taste anything remotely like Chik-Fil-A's sandwiches. I could only imagine this was on purpose, because they are so far off. Perhaps they didn't want to make it too obvious they were trying to copy them, which would perhaps encourage more people to compare the two, but rather in a more vague sense try to offer a "southern" styled chicken sandwich.

This new sandwich is bigger than their earlier attempt, which was rather small, similar to the size of their Filet O Fish sandwich. Yes, they made a new bun for it as well, along with a new buttermilk fried chicken patty. But the problem is both of these still have that same processed taste to them that pretty much all their menu items have. They taste like they have a ton of preservatives in them and a shelf life of 100 years, if not more. Couple that with deep frying the chicken in what's probably already rancid frying oil, and you wind up with a greyish-dark-brown piece of fried chicken like in the picture above, that has an odd and unpleasant burnt taste to it.

8. omison

omison New Warrior

Oh boy, please stop the madness! McDonald's really needs to just work on righting the wrong in their image right now and quit pursuing new menu items altogether.

It was a dark day for me when I had to do some research into the artificial EVERYTHING that the Golden Arches franchise uses in their cuisine now...I mean, chicken nugget conspiracies about the meat being everything BUT chicken???

That picture alone made me vomit into my mouth a little.

I mean, am I the only one that feel a little toxic after enjoying a double cheeseburger, fries and apple pie?

Sad.

9. omison

omison New Warrior

Wow. That sucks. I couldn't imagine having half of your condition. America, in general, has a weaker immune system due to the poison they're serving us through corporate fast food franchises...they aren't your old school burger stand mom and pop shops anymore... now they're death dealers, distributing toxins and poison in the name of science and progress...yuck!

10. EF-Roger

EF-Roger Famous Warrior

Not only is Chick-fil-A, but I have always liked Hardees chicken sandwich better than McDonalds!

11. nailah783

nailah783 Warrior

Chick-fil-A is going to be better than McDonalds. McDonalds should stick to hamburgers because that's what they are good at. They don't need to compete with a different fast food chain because McDonalds stands alone. If they were to try to compete, they need to go against Culvers or Jack In the Box, not Chick-Fil-A. It's a completely different market.