BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. nailah783

nailah783 Entrepreneur

I feel like traffic exchange sites are a waste of time. Nobody is really paying attention to the pages they are surfing, they are just clicking whatever they need to click when the timer stops. I'm doing this right now because it's paid to click so why wouldn't I do it? I'm obviously not really paying attention because I'm on this site writing in this forum. So has anyone really had success marketing this way?

Rusnal2 likes this.

2. Ham Hic

Ham Hic Entrepreneur

yes yes I have a friend who uses this way, he gets good traffic and of good income.

So it will be better according to your niche.

Enjoy your day @nailah783 :)

Rusnal2 likes this.
  3. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Entrepreneur

Well, I guess it depends on the person who's running a particular site, whether he/she finds traffic exchange sites effective or not. As for me, if I were managing a blog/niche, I don't think I would ever consider traffic exchange sites.

4. azgold

azgold Moderator Entrepreneur

I think they're only good for promoting other traffic exchanges and MAYBE for building a list in a niche that surfers would be interested in. Remember, they are there because the traffic is free. We're not talking big spenders. These are people trying to start making money online. If you can appeal to those factors, you might get some results.

5. Kathryn M.

Kathryn M. Entrepreneur

Are you referring to Build My Downlines? If so, I didn't even bother with the PTC ads. They only pay a penny or less. I'm just doing the offers that pay you to join the site. I do them when MTurk is slow. So far I've made $4.88 since I signed up under you. Let's see if I actually get the money a month from now.

When it comes to marketing your site on BMD or other PTC sites, it looks promising, but if everyone has the same mentality as you and they aren't even bothering to look at the site they are paid to click on, then the traffic most likely will not convert. I think it would be better to spend time advertising where your niche market actually hangs out. If you are selling wrinkle cream for a woman's face, there probably won't be very many women on these PTC websites. These women would most likely be hanging out on Pinterest.

6. Kathryn M.

Kathryn M. Entrepreneur

I agree. The people clicking on the ads are only making about a penny per ad. Maybe if you were selling an eBook on "How To Get Started Making Money Online" for $0.99, you would probably make some sales.

7. azgold

azgold Moderator Entrepreneur

I agree, although I was referring to regular traffic exchanges, rather than PTC but the results are the same, IMO.

Kathryn M. likes this.
  8. Rusnal2

Rusnal2 Entrepreneur

traffic exchanges. Find the right one. I mainly see it as low quality.

9. nailah783

nailah783 Entrepreneur

I wasn't talking about Build My Downline because they pay you to join the site. Not just to look at the site. I was talking about sites that pay you to look at a site for however long and then pay you for looking at the site that nobody really even looks at. BMD definitely does payout. I have been paid for what I did last month.

10. Kathryn M.

Kathryn M. Entrepreneur

Gotcha.

Glad to hear BMD does payout. I wasn't too worried though, because the owner seems pretty legit. But I have not been as active on the site because I was just doing the joining websites portion and there have not been any more sites to join that pay cash. The only ones I see now only offer credits. I don't think the traffic is quality enough for me to advertise using the credits. So yes, you are right about the traffic not really caring about the website they are paid to look at.

11. KerBel

KerBel Entrepreneur

Those sites are mostly only "okay" for referral links. I promoted my cashcrate referral link through PTC sites before, and have gotten a lot of referral sign ups (I guess some people pay attention when they see the words "make money online..." and so they sign up for the site). I do not use traffic exchange for blog as I usually get views to my blog by promoting it on tumblr, google+, pinterest, and sometimes reddit. Social media promotions help a lot more than traffic exchange--maybe you'll have better luck through stumble upon as you are not paid to stumble websites.

12. terryse

terryse Entrepreneur

I have joined a few traffic exchanges to drive traffic to my sites. The key is to choose those that have huge membership base and create a separate email ad for this purpose if you do not want those mail exchanges to mess up with your primary mailbox.

azgold likes this.