BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Top Five Entrepreneur Empowerments

Discussion in 'General Business and Entrepreneurship' started by T J Tutor, Jun 3, 2016.

Share This Page

1. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Entrepreneur

I recently read a great, but brief, article on the empowerment's of top entrepreneurs.

Work Smart
    Sleep More
    Grow Your Network
    Give Yourself A Break
    Mobilize And Look To The Cloud

I am sure there are an abundance of other empowerment's we could attribute to the entrepreneur in us. However, I can see these at the top of anyone's list.

Two to take note of here are "Sleep More" and "Take a Break" . I agree with these and do practice these.

When i was young, I worked until the early morning hours and started work later at early morning hours. It was horrible and I learned years later I was more productive with seven to eight hours of sleep and several breaks during the day. I get a lot more done that way.

As for the others, "Work Smart", well, that's been a given forever in the business arena. Nothing new with that. I guess the Newbies coming up in the industries need to here though.

"Grow Your Network", of course! Another great (but old) absolute necessity.

The only new one in there (I mean not ancient as dust) is the "Mobilize And Look To The Cloud". This is, and has been, for at least a couple of years (a decade for most of us) a requirement for being an entrepreneur. Most of us as entrepreneurs are involved in many business ventures and we require the ability to access files from most anywhere and the best solution for that is mobility with our electronics.

How do these fit into your life? All of them, some of them, none of them?

2. azgold

azgold Moderator Entrepreneur

Sometimes I do; sometimes I don't. But I should.

I think that there is always room for me to improve on this. It can be an evolving thing, depending on what I'm working on. I find that I can "Work Smart" with things that I know well. Hence, I can always improve as I learn and fumble with new things. But efficiency is the goal.

I don't do this as much as is probably recommended.

I absolutely do this and have since 2007, when I started working online.

T J Tutor likes this.
  3. silvadavid1689

silvadavid1689 Entrepreneur

Working smart and growing network helps a lot to grow business

4. VirtualGlobalPhone

VirtualGlobalPhone Moderator Entrepreneur

Awesome topic @T J Tutor ;

1. Reading [ Their is nothing new in this world that need to be writen ... , whatever you want to know its available in some format ]
    2. Running [ What pushes human being is hunger for better, more, faster .. ]
    3. Innovation [ Break traditional eazy to go system ; every time , and everything around.. ask why 'this thing can't be better' ]
    4. Teaching [ The only way you can survive in this world is to teach others ]
    5. Empower others [ Your service, your employment should keep helping others so their dream can be fulfilled through your empowerment ]

azgold and T J Tutor like this.
  5. Carter

Carter Entrepreneur

Guilty! I could definitely use more sleep and time away from work, but it's hard for me to understand how that's possible at this point. Lately I've found myself waiting on others (i.e. Product Development, Government documents) rather than myself, which is sort of a break?

Starting a New Product related business after I get off work from my Fulltime job isn't easy, and it will eventually catch up to me. I can feel it, believe me...

3-5hrs sleep during week days and usually 5-7hrs on weekends.

How do you balance it? I'm working hard to make it happen and slowing down seems like it may result in a lose of productive momentum.

T J Tutor likes this.
  6. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Entrepreneur

In your own words, "it will catch up with me". Your health, mentally, physically, psychologically, spiritually, and emotionally, are ultimately the most important elements in your life. Your family, your business, and yourself cannot survive properly without them being at their peak.

You must sleep, so, schedule your entire week at the beginning of each week and include your sleep time. No less than 7 hours, never! Working a schedule like yours mandates scheduling everything you do, everything! Make a plan, a schedule, and a budget, and stick to them! If you do not, then you, your business, and your family will not benefit from your fullest capacity to succeed.

If you have never done this, it will seem a bit odd for the first week (or two at most). Once you settle into to your schedule, you will find you get more done than you currently do. With what you are doing, you may have to give up some of your recreation time until things settle in. Remember, you are working a full time job and building a business on the side. I am guessing you may be building that new business so you can move on from your current job. We have all had to give up TV, going to games, gong to the movies, going out with the guys, etc., in order to bring our dreams and goals to a stable success. All of us have had to give these things up for lengthy periods while in the development and launch stages of our entrepreneurial pursuits. Once you have a stable success with a project, then take a few months off, go away to a beach, a country, or just go fishing (that's what I do). I finished a project three years ago and when I got it stable, I went fishing for four months.

This IS how it is done! This IS how all of us do it!

As they say, "gitter done"!

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
    azgold likes this.
  7. Carter

Carter Entrepreneur

Great advice!

Creating a schedule is something I've tampered with, but with the line of work I'm in, it's almost impossible as things are ever changing. I work in the Pulp and Paper industry dealing with water treatment and I'm on call 24/7, 365 days a year. Those late night emails from my superiors or customers asking for current trends and/or data is something I deal with daily. I do have the ability to bring work home, but that usually tends to prolong my "work" since there are personal distractions i.e. My startup, family.

I'll definitely try it again, though.

I am looking to replace my current income with this new Business idea. I'm very fortunate to have the job I currently have, I've worked very hard for the position I hold and not many people my age, without a college degree do what I do. I've always felt as if I could do more and was capable of more, which is why I've decided to start investing in myself. My hearts desire is to build a business that will eventually enable my family to spend MORE time together and do the things that I wasn't able to do growing up, for example go on a vacation.

For the most part, I don't do anything recreational. All of my guy friends have either moved off or have families they are trying to support and don't have much time for anything else, either. I do watch some TV, mainly just the news and weather. I'm from Louisiana, so of course I'm a hunter! I am a member of a local hunting club that I like to sneak away to, but that's only a few months a year at which I may go hunting a handful of times.

These days my "ME" time is sitting on my lawn mower, mowing my yard! lol

I honestly feel I'm doing what needs to be done, it will just take time. I am looking forward to a 4 month long fishing trip someday!!

T J Tutor and azgold like this.
  8. Amir Campbell

Amir Campbell Entrepreneur

I would add that we need to breath! I know when I'm doing loads of writing., I tend to hold my breath lol. We need to breathe, maaan!!!

Best,

Amir Campbell

azgold and Carter like this.