BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. Neo Maponya

Neo Maponya Entrepreneur

I may be only 18 but I'm constantly researching new industries and markets and I've stumbled upon something pretty amazing and I implore you to do more research.
    It's called Equity Crowdfunding. It's considered the 'holy grail' of crowdfunding and the one that's going to propel the crowdfunding industry.
    So why now you ask?

In late 2015, The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) finalized its decision on Title III of the JOBS Act — which addresses equity crowdfunding in June last year. Title IV, another provision of the JOBS Act, went live in June, allowing startups to raise up to $50 million from non-accredited investors. (I know too much about America, lol)

The World Bank commissioned a study and as of 2013 the crowdfunding industry was valued at $6,3 Billion dollars, the study predicted that by 2025 the crowdfunding industry could grow to $93 Billion Dollars. equity crowdfunding being a significant factor in its proliferation.

So what's my point? Identify the niche and provide an equity crowdfunding platform for them!
    Disclaimer: It's not going to be easy but going to be worth it.

From your South African friend in England.

2. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Entrepreneur

Yeah, I remember there were a few companies in 2010 & 11 started some equity crowdfunding and ran in to regulatory issues and shut down. Good to see it made it over the hurdles. It's sure to be a boon!

3. Nathaneal

Nathaneal Entrepreneur

That's interesting! Do you have anywebsites that are doing this currently? or would it be the typical "kickstarter, indiegogo, etc"