BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Small Business, and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

The Wine Thread

Discussion in 'Food and Drink' started by Andy, Nov 18, 2014.

Share This Page

1. Andy

Andy Warrior

Do we have any wine drinkers on the forum?

I'm exclusively a red drinker, with my favourite region being the south of France closely followed by Italian reds.

2. azgold

azgold Moderator

Yes, we do - me! :)

I also only drink red - the drier the better. My favourites tend to be Australian but I also like some French, Italian, occasionally Californian and even had one from South Africa once that wasn't too bad.

In the past, I really enjoyed a nice light French Beaujolais but in recent years, I've mostly stuck with Merlot, Shiraz, Cab or mixes of them.

Re regions and such...I don't worry about those things, so can't speak intelligently about them. I don't care which side of the hill the grapes grew on, I just drink what I like. Guess that makes me a plebeian wine drinker. :)

3. Tagging

Tagging Warrior

I like anything with bubbles in it

4. Andy

Andy Warrior

azgold likes this.
  5. azgold

azgold Moderator

Are you lucky enough to have a cellar, Andy?

I don't but have a friend with a nice one.

6. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Famous Warrior

I'm not much of a drinker these days. I have a preference for fine whiskeys when the occasion arises. However, I do enjoy very crisp and dry whites as well as very dry and full bodied reds with some meals. I have found a number of reasonably inexpensive wines from South America, Australia, and New Zealand that are to my liking (usually $12 to $20 a bottle in stores). I like some of the French whites, but I rarely spend that kind of money on a wine ($50 or more in a store or $100 at a restaurant where I live).

7. azgold

azgold Moderator

I never drink white wine. For one thing, it gives me heartburn; for another, I don't like it. :)

I do like the expensive vintages, @T J Tutor and have had the very great pleasure of being able to enjoy sharing a couple of bottles that the friend with the cellar had. No, not at one time. :) One bottle, he had hung onto long enough that it was listed at $800. The other was about half that much. Let me tell you, they were absolutely, hands-down THE best wine I've ever had in my life.

One day....I'm going to have a cellar of my own. Guess I should hurry up, I don't seem to be getting any younger.

8. K

K Seasoned Warrior

Here's a question.

Name your favourite bottle of wine for under $15!

9. Twista Tom

Twista Tom Warrior

Mine is Sutter Home Brut Bubbly

[​IMG]

10. azgold

azgold Moderator

Hmm, tough one. You can get a few under (barely) $15 Cdn. Guess I'd say Yellow Tail Shiraz. Or an Australian merlot.