BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

"The Best Time To Plant A Tree Was 20 Years Ago..."

Discussion in 'Mindset and Motivation' started by rz3300, Feb 23, 2016.

Share This Page

1. rz3300

rz3300 Entrepreneur

"...The second best time is now" - Chinese Proverb.

I heard this saying today on the radio and it got me thinking a little bit. It was just something that stuck with me throughout the day and I kept finding myself going back to it. I think it is great, simple way to sum up the entrepreneurial spirit. Get out and do.

What do you make of this little proverb?

2. Federico.Gimeno

Federico.Gimeno Entrepreneur

For me, it means that one needs to take action as soon as possible, not only for literally planting a tree (which should be a must, since it's so gratificant), but in many aspects in life.

Speaking of entrepreneurship, I get the feeling I should have started many years ago, but I guess it's better late than never. Also I think that rushing things is not good either, one must achieve some equilibrium all in all.

3. ruener79

ruener79 Entrepreneur

"The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago!" - This is the first time that I've heard of this proverb, but the very first thing that came to mind is stock investments. With a 20-year investment horizon, I can just picture how much your investment will be worth now had you started investing on a good stock 20 years earlier. You'll definitely be reaping the gains by now. The lesson, therefore, is invest as early as you can so that you can enjoy the benefits that go with a long-term investment horizon.