BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Entrepreneur

When I look back on my early days in business, I see elements of myself that in some ways have diminished and some elements that are no longer within me. Most of that which I no longer nurture as an element in my life, and is gone from my life, were behaviours and indulgences that were/are destructive, or unproductive, unhealthy, unwise, or otherwise foolish and unnecessarily risky. Presently, I can say that I naturally eliminated those elements through simple growth.

This isn't an epiphany for me, I've monitored this in my life for decades, but I have to admit I would be further along to some of my goals if I was more diligent about initiating theses types of changes. You see, as we get older, as we age, we try to impart our wisdoms (old and new) upon those whom have not acquired them for themselves, no matter their age, no matter their level of success, we all have great and wise knowledge to impart on one another, including ourselves through discoveries. What happens is most times this sharing of highly pertinent and wise data is lost on those we share it with (including ourselves) because few actually take action to bring this wisdom to bear.

Now, here is what I say to all of you about taking action. There are NO EXCUSES that are real. Don't settle for letting wisdom come to you, seek it out and research it. When it is offered by others, evaluate it. Be sure to write it in a journal, and most importantly share it at appropriate moments. Then, and this is where the rubber meets the road, TAKE ACTION!

I keep reading posts here, and our additional forums, where a member says "I can't do it now because I have no money", and then ask the question "how can i get the money?" or I'll start as soon as I can save up enough money". The money never gets saved because there was never a plan to take action for saving money, or earning it to save in the first place. What happens then is that the dream to accomplish something is lost.

The action principle is simple, not convoluted, not difficult, not impossible, not dangerous, not horrible, not hurtful, and not painful. The action principle is taking a step forward. Nothing less, nothing more. Then taking two steps, then four steps, and so on!

Need money for a project and have none? Hop online and find a plan someone else has used and build a quick plan to put their model into action for yourself.

Need to build a prototype, spend a week researching and designing the first model of your widget. Need help, seek out and interview prospective junior partners that have the materials and the skills to build your prototype.

Don't know how to organize yourself to develop an idea into a reality? Find someone that has done it, make them a partner!

All of this is simple economics of time. Instead of telling yourself you can't, start communication with those that have accomplished something similar and find out what your next ACTION is!

The Action Principle: If you fail to take action, you lose the right to say "I can't" about anything. Simply Take A Step, I Dare You!

T J

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
    Federico.Gimeno likes this.

2. remnant

remnant Entrepreneur

Well said and elaborated. Most people nowadays don't value wisdom instead placing a premium on academic knowledge. I for my part have a problem with procrastination. I usually develop fine business ideas but seldom take action towards their actualization. The knowledge you have shared is timely.

T J Tutor likes this.
  3. Vinaya.Ghimire

Vinaya.Ghimire Entrepreneur

Ever since I began writing online and came to know that I can actually have my own website, I had been dreaming about having my own website. I dillydallied for 5 years and then finally decided to launch my own website. I understand the Action Principle. If you have an idea, don't wait, take action immediately.

T J Tutor likes this.
  4. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Entrepreneur

Thanks for sharing this post to us here. It's actually very motivational.

That's so true. We shouldn't just visualize our ideas, we should also put them in action. If there's something you've been really wanting to do, don't hesitate anymore, just try to pursue it.

T J Tutor likes this.
  5. Trixen

Trixen Entrepreneur

I read from and listen to those who are more experienced because they motivate me to do more. There were moments that I asked why goals can't be easier to achieve. A long time ago, I lost confidence in myself that I reverted to doing nothing. But then I read inspiring stories and met successful people. This is a wonderful reminder of what could have been if I didn't take another shot.

T J Tutor likes this.
  6. Federico.Gimeno

Federico.Gimeno Entrepreneur

Well said, T J!

I often find myself in this comfort zone. It's a bad habit I need to get rid of, definitely.

It's true that I, and only I am responsible for my own growth and one wise thing to do is to leverage other successful models and apply them to our projects.

Thanks for sharing this.

Cheers!

T J Tutor likes this.