BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. Foxus

Foxus Entrepreneur

Kind of a focus group for my virtual marijuana dispensary idea. Before I ask whether or not you would use the service, I'll describe the service. The service allows you to select from every strain available, and purchase over the web. So a e-commerce site, but limited to the state the service would be based in at the current moment. The marijuana would be delivered by vehicle.

2. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Entrepreneur

Well, I don't use marijuana so as for me, this would not appeal to me. But if I were a marijuana user, I think I would try this service since it's really convenient.

3. Federico.Gimeno

Federico.Gimeno Entrepreneur

I bet a lot of people would use it if it was legal in my country.

4. djentre

djentre Entrepreneur

Create a simple responsive website - templates already available for WP websites.
    Or use an out-of-the box free service such as https://freewebstore.com/ or Create an eCommerce Website | Online Store Builder | Wix.com

Then, put a location contraint or if you don't know how to do that, make sure only users who give a valid address can register on your website or make sure that the delivery address should be within your state.

Now, go on FB, budget $10 and send your ad out to people who love marijuana and are paying customers. Now, wait and watch :)

Michka.Martina likes this.
  5. ToniMakes

ToniMakes Entrepreneur

Sounds like a good idea especially in a state where marijuana use is legal. What plan do you have to get access to every strain available?

I would guess that some people who use medical marijuana would find a service like this quite convenient.

Some questions that I would explore:
    How do you "weed" out states where marijuana use isn't legal,
    for delivery, would there be a minimum amount that needs to be purchased,
    will all transactions be made via the internet
    what code for the service would show on the credit card statement
    how will you handle customers who are dissatisfied
    will there be any liability that you can encounter

Let us know if you decide to go forward.

6. CoolSpot

CoolSpot Entrepreneur

so kind of like the bcmeds site? excpet not shipping worldwide, and an online produt catalog not all in hushmail?

I can defiantly see it being used, but you would defiantly need to look into the legalitys of it.

7. CoolSpot

CoolSpot Entrepreneur

most eCommerce platforms allow you to create cart rules that enable or disable features based on certain critira such as state or country, so that would be to difficult to be fair.

8. onlinecashcity

onlinecashcity Entrepreneur

Sounds like just launching a basic commerce website....but since it's only legal in certain places, I can see some legal issues coming to light. I wouldn't want to have to deal with those but if you know how you'd do that, more power to you.

9. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Entrepreneur

This is currently being done by several merchants. I'll have to look them up again if necessary. It's been a while since I looked into this, but one of our members on AffiliateFix ran into issues regarding this model that caused him to rethink this.

You cannot do this on FB, or Google, and most other social media sites.

Per the Huffington Post: Article by Matt Ferner National Reporter
    Excerpt:
    According to the Facebook Advertising Guidelines, "Ads may not promote or facilitate the sale or consumption of illegal or recreational drugs, tobacco products, or drug or tobacco paraphernalia."

10. djentre

djentre Entrepreneur

Aah... well then.. you can write about informational stuff related to marijuana on your site - like a list of 10 different kinds of Marijuana varieties people don't know about. I know FB is pretty strict about erotic content and gambling. But, they let people post lists and articles.

Well, now twitter has come out with an ad system similar to fb too. I am still testing it, but it looks good to go. Try that out if FB denies you.

11. remnant

remnant Entrepreneur

I am not sure marijuana is my kind of business, also I am a contributor in the Addiction Forum and have seen the ravages of such. I am not being judgemental, I appreciate your originality and creativity which can be channelled to a more 'mainstream' idea. I think citizens of some countries would be receptive of your idea since some have legalized marijuana in an effort to put peddlers out of business.

12. remnant

remnant Entrepreneur

I am not sure marijuana is my kind of business, also I am a contributor in the Addiction Forum and have seen the ravages of such. I am not being judgemental, I appreciate your originality and creativity which can be channelled to a more 'mainstream' idea. Is the cannabis crude or refined? I think citizens of some countries would be receptive of your idea. Some have legalized marijuana in an effort to put peddlers out of business.

13. arthnel

arthnel Entrepreneur

I like your idea. I'm not a marijuana user but I'm from California so it is like a daily norm. But looking beyond using the product and just looking at the business model for what it is, I can tell you I think yo may be on to something. Your model presents ease and convenience for a product in constant high demand. That is the goal of making anything better. The world upgrades for the purpose of doing things easier, more conveniently. Once you can get past the laws of limit allowed in the possession of the driver delivering and then find ways to ensure that the variety order is what is delivered, then other kinks can be ironed out as you go along. I like seeing possibilities where the majority are quick to say no.

14. djentre

djentre Entrepreneur

I would also like to add to my previous post that I would still be a little careful when moving forward. The fact is that a lot of "major" opportunities that seem like they're great, don't always turn out to be so. For example, a lot of Marijuana shops have closed down in the past few months even though on paper the idea looked great.
    So make sure you have enough planning in place so that should things go south, you know what to do.

15. FreelancingQueen

FreelancingQueen Entrepreneur

I have never used marijuana, but if it were legal in my state I would definitely try it to see if it would help with my chronic fibromyalgia pain. I have heard many people say that this is the best treatment around for chronic pain sufferers. It is too bad that it is not yet legal for medicinal purposes all over the world.

16. jona

jona Entrepreneur

You should consider covering the legal aspect first.

Right of the bat I can tell you, Amazon does not sell tobacco and that's legal in all states, go ahead and try to buy cigarettes online and you will see that it is not very straightforward. I think it has to do more with the taxes aspect of it and not the nature of the product itself but you should be very careful. (Read about the PACT act). I know tobacco is a different product, but it is a good example since it is a substance taxed differently between states, not even illegal in some.

Where is your website going to be hosted? This may be a non issue but unless you site is hosted locally inside the state where the transaction is legal you could face some legal trouble.

Look, I have nothing against weed but you should really be talking to a lawyer first about this whole thing before even thinking about focus groups.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
  17. djentre

djentre Entrepreneur

That's a good point about legal due diligence.

However, I would not do anything that would delay the launching of my business by even a week. You have to do these things in parallel.

18. jona

jona Entrepreneur

Well, all business require some legal clearance first but the majority of business that you can pursuit have no risk of landing you in prison or serious trouble.

You can start building and planning for a restaurant even before you clear all your permits and such, but this is a major blocker.

19. Corazon

Corazon Entrepreneur

Selling marijuana by retail and delivery is a novelty. However, if marijuana is illegal in your place, I guess that would not be a good business. One rule that the businessmen here would tell you is that your business should always be on the legit side otherwise it will not prosper much. But I'm sure if that business of yours would be publicized, there would be a lot of orders because it is difficult to buy marijuana since it is illegal.

20. djentre

djentre Entrepreneur

Anyways, do let us know how things are going. I feel that a lot of great ideas have been contributed to this discussion so far.