BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. missbishi

missbishi Entrepreneur

I must admit that working for myself makes it impossible to switch off at times. I tend to feel guilty if I'm just sitting watching the television and can't always shake off the thought that time is money. Even if I feel ill, I still end up working away at something. I realize the importance of taking time out but I do find it quite difficult.

How easy do you find it to switch off for the day? Are you the sort of person who works from morning til bedtime or do you stick to set hours of working? I'd love to know how everyone else manages their time.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
    T J Tutor likes this.

2. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

I also struggle to switch off also and even when I'm on a break, I'm constantly thinking of ideas and different ways to do things, making notes of things I've seen or heard that I could maybe use.

That's probably the one good thing about not working for yourself. At the end of the day, work is finished and you don't have to think about it then till the day after.

3. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Entrepreneur

All entrepreneurs grapple with this at some point. You ar not alone.

There are many methods to managing time. For one, and this may become the most important one, create a schedule! Schedules are an amazing tool that many don't make part of their initial foray into entrepreneurship, but it will prove to be among your best friends.

Secondly, you can eliminate the guilt you experience by reading a little bit about the benefits and needs the human mind and body require. They both require departures from business in order to properly keep a balance for you emotionally, sociologically, and psychologically. You simply have to know, not just acknowledge, actually commit to knowing that it is a requirement for your balanced physical and spiritual self health.

So, go have a game of billiards, a few toddies, a hike up the mountain, a ski down the hill, fishing for the big one, etc. Do this because it is a health requirement. Joy heals, strengthens, and emboldens an individual's character and that gives you the strong foundation for your business demands!

4. harpazo22

harpazo22 Entrepreneur

That feeling is understandable but we all need a break from time to time. It's unhealthy to constantly be going. Just try to do better at not overthinking it when you do get a break.

5. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Entrepreneur

As for me, I always try to maintain balance in my life. I know working/making money is really important, and just like what you have said, time is gold so we better be productive every second of the day. However, we should keep in mind that we're only humans, and even if we want to work from morning until evening, we should also prioritize other things such as quality time with family and friends, and also, time for yourself.