BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Entrepreneur

Affiliate Marketing, in my opinion, is among the least expensive and least difficult new businesses to start with an awesome potential. For those that want to begin, what is an appropriate startup budget in your opinion and can you elaborate on a little detail about it.

2. knowledgeispower

knowledgeispower Entrepreneur

You can really begin with a budget of as little as $50. Buy the hosting, domain, and the theme (lots are free). You just have to do the bulk load of the work. The more things you outsource=the higher the budget, and less work for you. So a beginners startup budget can really range from $50-$1000, it just depends on the the equation above.

3. remnant

remnant Entrepreneur

Affiliate marketing is easy and cheap to start. You only require a website and then you can sign up for Google Adsense and or Chitika. You promote links to your site. The hard part is to drive traffic to your website. You can establish yourself as an authority by starting a free blog in a niche website and then start promoting links and banners. Some forums enable you to earn as an affiliate marketer without a website. Wealthy Affiliate is a good place to start in affiliate marketing.

4. davidper

davidper Entrepreneur

started my costs $ 50 to get even need hosting and domain everything then I have self-made, I think about how you can do it

5. Ladyferoz

Ladyferoz Entrepreneur

Every time I read up on it, my head begins spinning with all the new information, tips and secrets. Most of the websites sell courses that will somehow enable you to earn hundreds of thousands. I got turned off by it by too many obvious scams. If anyone can truly say they have made $1000 without investing over $50 I would be amazed.

6. William Clements

William Clements Moderator Business Owner Entrepreneur

Here is an outline of cost:

Domain: Luckily this will cost you only around $9 if you use Namecheap like I do.
    Hosting: I use Hostgator for all of my website hosting. I usually just do 1 year at a time, which costs me about $203.40. I would suggest looking at plans to see which is right for you. You can pay yearly, monthly, quarterly or half of a year.
    Keyword Research: If you know what your doing you can do so yourself or hire someone to do it for you for an average of $100.
    WordPress Themes: will cost will vary. It will be a one-time fee of $55 - $105, and that is for unlimited use on as many domains as you want.
    Content Creation: If you can do so yourself fine. Otherwise can be between $50 - $100. However, you might find some usful help with this for $5 at Fiverr.
    Content Distribution: Video, press release, & backlinking can cost $67+.

So, for an average to spend (including advertising cost) your looking at an rounded number of $600 - $1000.

7. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Entrepreneur

Guys, I appreciate all of your responses, but you need to realize these are questions for Ian Fernando. Please check the thread outlines before posting in threads intended for Ian.

8. William Clements

William Clements Moderator Business Owner Entrepreneur

Opps, sorry @T J Tutor, I did not check once I saw all of the other replies!

T J Tutor likes this.
  9. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Entrepreneur

Yeah, I see several like this. It's always best to let our guest answer before the rest of us chime in with our own thoughts. Thanks for understanding.

ianternet likes this.
  10. ianternet

ianternet Entrepreneur

no problem TJ - dont bring the whip out. lol - startup budget is weird because you can start with 50$ and keep reinvesting BUT it is the overhead you start with - domain, hosting, design, etc - with actual traffic best to start is 100$ this gives you open data and a decent amount of data and decent amount of clicks. BUT you should also know how to read and understand numbers backwards because this also gives you an idea if 100$ is good to start with. because you get solid information from networks like EPC or ECPM these types of numbers tells you what you should spend base on the avg street payout. if you know how to work these numbers backwards then you should know how much to start with. now google that math ;)

T J Tutor likes this.
  11. scotbiddick

scotbiddick Entrepreneur