BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Starting a business in Tech?

Discussion in 'General Business and Entrepreneurship' started by Apolloniac, Sep 21, 2015.

Share This Page

1. Apolloniac

Apolloniac Entrepreneur

To be honest I'm not computer savvy nor do I have any idea on how the tech world works but I've received some advice on starting a business in tech because it's "booming". Do you think it's sound advice to start a business where you have no interest in just because of the potential profit? Should you start a business in something you're not passionate about?

2. Jade

Jade Entrepreneur

You shouldn't do it if you have no idea. But, you should invest in someone who has an idea since it is booming.

EF-Roger likes this.
  3. 111kg

111kg Entrepreneur

By the time you'd gained enough knowledge so you can actually start in the IT industry, the so called boom will be long gone. If you're not passionate about the business and don't have any knowledge about it, why would you even consider starting a business in this field when you could start a business in a domain that you know and perhaps even love?

Truth is, most of the IT startups (and most of them are founded by extremely well prepared guys) fail because their products don't catch up in the real world. There is no point in being one of them.

4. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

If your starting a business it needs to be something that your passionate about otherwise it just isn't going to work.

Starting any business from scratch involves a lot of time and hard work, and if you don't enjoy what your doing, your going to set yourself up for a fall right from the start.

Your heart needs to be in what your doing.

5. EF-Roger

EF-Roger Entrepreneur

You have to know what you are doing first.

I agree with the posters above, they said what I think quite well.

6. Kathryn M.

Kathryn M. Entrepreneur

You can go ahead and start a business in an industry you have no interest in. However, you will struggle at staying awake, your productivity will be low, and you will not make much money because you will be outsmarted by others who do know about the industry.

Always choose something you actually enjoy, know about, and have the skill to do better than most people. Going solely after money will just leave you frustrated when the money doesn't roll in like you expected.

7. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Entrepreneur

That's totally a huge risk. I suggest don't ever try to verge into a particular business if you don't have any idea about how it works and if you don't have any interest in it. Go for the thing that makes you happy and what you're truly passionate about.

8. Griffin

Griffin Entrepreneur

Technology is a complicated field. Unless you have knowledge in it, I would suggest not going into that sector. Passion and knowledge is the basis of a good company.

9. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

I think that's why a lot of businesses fail, they are started by people that just want to make money instead of it being a business that they're actually interested in.

For every business its important to make money but the only way it will be viable is if the business is ran by people that are passionate and want to improve the market itself and not just their own business.