BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. EF-Roger

EF-Roger Entrepreneur

[​IMG]

A month after General Millsrecalled 1.8 million boxes of supposedly gluten-free Cheerios because they contained wheat, customers who bought the cereal are taking the company to court.

Last Friday, two California shoppers filed a proposed class action suit against General Mills and the manufacturing manager at the plant that accidentally introduced wheat-containing flour into gluten-free Cheerios.

The complaint alleges the company sold a misbranded product, resulting in customers purchasing items they otherwise would have avoided, as well as putting them at risk for potential health consequences from inadvertently consuming gluten.

While the complaint mentions customers with gluten sensitivities, the suit seeks to represent all consumers who purchased the mislabeled boxes — not just those who became ill after consuming the cereal.

Read more Shoppers sue General Mills after the company recalls 1.8 million boxes of ‘gluten-free’ Cheerios that contained wheat

2. nailah783

nailah783 Entrepreneur

Is that why I haven't seen that commercial in a while? I love Cheerios. I hope that the brand isn't hurt too bad by this, but they need to be sued for messing up people's food. I just hope they bounce back.

EF-Roger likes this.