BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Setting Up My First Business

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by SBostick, Sep 7, 2016.

Share This Page

1. SBostick

SBostick Entrepreneur

Hello all, i am currently trying to set up my first business as a supplier or sub contractor to begin selling goods to the government. Im kind of stuck at a fork in the road at the moment and need some valid tips from people who have been here before. Right now i am by myself and i need to know whether i should set up a sole propietorship or and LLC when im just starting off. Any help would be monumental.

azgold likes this.

2. William Clements

William Clements Moderator Business Owner Entrepreneur

3. azgold

azgold Moderator Entrepreneur

Hi, @SBostick and welcome to EFix!

I have not been in your particular shoes but I would set up an LLC, just to protect yourself.

I don't know where you live, or your specific business but I know from places that I've worked here (Canada) that the government is very slow to pay. That could put you in a tight spot financially. An LLC would protect your personal finances.