BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. Brian

Brian Entrepreneur

Hi all,

I've got an Amazon products review site that I will be SEOing up.

Site itself isn't too relevant. I'm going to be applying some things I know about SEO and see how that goes.

The main keywords I want to target have over 3000 exact monthly search. One keyword has as much as 20000/mo. Regardless of competition, I'm going to see how far I can rank with a limited budget.

I'll let you guys know how it goes. :)

Cheers,
    Brian

2. K

K Entrepreneur

Sounds great, best of luck and let us know if you need any help!

3. Brian

Brian Entrepreneur

Hey all, so I've learned quite a bit about private black networks over the last few days. I spent a majority of my time digging around for expiring domains to buy. So far, I haven't bought one domain yet. I was expecting my first purchase to be two weeks into my research.

I've learned a lot just by checking out expiring domains. If I had to say, it's mostly noticing red flags. If the name of the game is to rank in keywords without getting penalized by Google, then not getting de-indexed is still part of the game I have to play.

Red flags include no follow links, foreign links, non-existing links, and too many links.

I also spent time checking out bidding wars over good domains so I get an idea of what is considered good. I'm deviating by having my own criteria of what's in a decent domain.

So what's next? I'm still putting my time in researching domains for deals. I have set budgets and spending caps per domain, so following those is important to me. After all, constantly changing directions doesn't do anyone any good.

I'm also waiting for my content guy to finish my first order, which is content for the reviews website. Amazon told me my website lacks a bit of original content; this is my remedy. After he's done that, I'm going to order more content and buy my domain pretty much together, if not the domain first.

After that, I'm going to buy SEO hosting.

4. azgold

azgold Moderator Entrepreneur

Good luck, Brian. Sounds like you're working your plan well.

I have a question: why are no follow links bad when buying an expired domain? I ask because I make most of my blog's links no follow.

5. Brian

Brian Entrepreneur

Thanks Azgold! 'No follow' is pretty much waving a sign saying "hey! This link doesn't mean anything. Ignore it!". Search engine web crawlers roaming to index sites would see the link, read the sign, heed its message then move on. There wouldn't be any ranking value for no follow links.

That doesn't necessarily mean the link is bad. It still exists! Which means you would still garner traffic from the site its located at. You can find this 'no follow' feature mostly in comment sections of blogs.

Making the comment sections of your blog a 'no follow' territory protects your site. If web crawlers find links from your site to other naughty sites, you might be penalized or de-indexed through association!

azgold likes this.
  6. azgold

azgold Moderator Entrepreneur

Thanks, Brian.

I 'no follow' direct links to CPA offers and comments. It has pretty cured my spam problem, get hardly any now.

Hopefully, this won't hurt me. Google-wise, I mean.

7. Brian

Brian Entrepreneur

Hey all, it's been quite some time since I was active. Nearly two months since last posts wow.

I'm still working my SEO on my money site. I've purchased the domains I thought were ideal (and really powerful). Quite a bit of money invested here. I'm simply waiting on some articles I've ordered to be produced to put on my PBNs.

After that, I'll start showing you guys results on what these PBNs will generate for ranking on keywords.

Right now, the roadblock are the articles I need that I've ordered from my cheap and nearly plagiarism-free article guy.

8. Jesse

Jesse Entrepreneur

Good luck Brian, your plan seems stable to me!

9. Apollyon

Apollyon Entrepreneur

No-follow really isn't as bad as people make it seem. Getting a Wikipedia link, even if it's no-follow, definitely helps your rankings. I know this as I've talked with a lot of people who've done it. No-index is the really bad one.

azgold likes this.
  10. JShivell

JShivell Business Owner Entrepreneur

Brian:

I wish I had been a member of this forum earlier, I could have saved you a lot of headaches. PBNs are no longer considered an acceptable method of obtaining links. SEO has not been about getting the most links for quite some time. Nowadays, SEO has incorporated social media techniques, and it's more about reaching out to your potential visitors through sharing articles and blog posts on sites like Facebook and Twitter, and social bookmarking sites. You want to present yourself as an expert in your niche that people will want to visit, because they believe you have the products/services and knowledge they need. Although links are still important, it's more about the quality of the links, not the quantity.