BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. Garrett

Garrett Entrepreneur

One of the companies that I own chicagopropertyfinders com is looking for an SEO person/company to hire... We've spoken to several large SEO companies in the USA, and several independent guys that do it on the side.

Ever time when we ask detailed questions of the deliverables, the firm/person backs out and says they're not a good fit. It's literally mind boggling to my partner and I that we can find an honest person/service in the SEO world.

What do you guys think about hiring someone from - www onlinejobs ph/

Any advice/help here would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Garrett

2. William Clements

William Clements Moderator Business Owner Entrepreneur

PM me, I might be able to help in this manner. I am in no way an professional at SEO or own a business around it but I am no newbie to SEO. Also, in PM, tell me what kind of questions you ask them?

3. Garrett

Garrett Entrepreneur

i need a good content writer, blog writer, and link builder - at least that is what I know of...... Do you know of guuys that are good at SEO?

4. William Clements

Content & blog writers are not necessarily those who are good at SEO. You would want someone who is a reporter/author/writer. Then an SEO person.

5. Garrett

Garrett Entrepreneur

do you have someone you can refer? or where/how to locate someone? upwork.com?? fiverr.com?

6. William Clements

Fiverr is probably the cheapest way, not sure how well the result would be and do not have a place to refer to!

7. Cleveland76

Cleveland76 Entrepreneur

By "big" SEO companies, are you referring to companies such as Rosetta or IgnitionOne or Razorfish? These larger agencies generally have a minimum spend per month for their client contracts, so depending on what your monthly budget is for SEO, that may have been one of the reasons they declined to work with you.

A previous company I worked for partnered with 360i, another large SEO/SEM agency, to run our paid search accounts. The minimum monthly spend was $25,000 per month or a set percent of spend in PPC, whichever was higher. At the time we were spending close to a million per month in PPC, so that $25k+ per month in management fees already ate into our profit margins to begin with. So they needed to really outperform what we had already been doing managing it in house to make up for those costs and exceed our previous profit margins and volume.

Obviously, if you're only spending like $50,000 a month in PPC, it makes no sense what so ever to pay an agency $25,000 a month to manage it.

Another issue could be that you may not have enough internal resources to implement any on site SEO changes they may be proposing as part of the consulting and guidance. For example, if you're using an off the shelf Wordpress theme and Wordpress itself to power your site, and you don't have any folks in house who are skilled enough to make customizations to any code, then there may be a lot of technical stuff they would be proposing you to do, but then none of it ends up getting done.

I would maybe start off seeking out someone to put together an SEO game plan for your site, and pay them per deliverables rather than per hour. You would need some sort of overall content strategy before you go hiring people to write content for your site, for example. Similarly, you would want to get all your on-site SEO taken care of before you go building out a bunch of new pages/posts on your site. Part of your overall SEO strategy is going to involve how your site should be structured, which in turn is going to influence what types of content you will ultimately be developing for it.

Personally I'm not a fan of hiring people to write for you on Fiverr. They're just going to hastily write generic content, which often has poor grammar, is not authoritative and is of little value to a real visitor. It's worth it to pay more for a professional writer, who perhaps even has some expertise in your niche and/or will be willing to do proper research for each of the articles they write. But since such writing is expensive, that's all the more reason you need an overall plan in place as to what topics you need articles written for.

Francis K likes this.
  8. Barnes Thomas

Barnes Thomas Entrepreneur

Hey Mate! i don't think so fiverr give you the good results..

I am a part time blogger but do not write for anyone else and my sister had 3 years exp. in SEO field, you can PM to get advice regarding link building.

Thank you

9. JShivell

JShivell Business Owner Entrepreneur

You've received a little bit of advice from most of the replies, but only Cleveland76 has gone into any detail. Unfortunately, he is mentioning cots in the neighborhood of $25K - 50K, which may be way beyond the available budget - or not, I don't know what your available budget is. Unless your business is a vey small one, like kitchen table or home office type small, I would avoid places like upwork, fiverr, and the like, because the quality of the work you get is not going to be very high. I would advise you not to outsource to a foreign country for the same reason. The quality of work from foreign countries is likely to be worse than fiverr, upwork, and similar websites.
    Rather than hire separate people for each task, you'll be better off hiring a marketing firm that can do everything, or almost everything, in-house. That way, they can control the entire process, from on-page optimization to ongoing marketing efforts, and they know who is doing what, and when.
    When we contact someone to offer our services, the first thing we do, before they even pay a dime, is to examine their site and what they have been doing for marketing so far. We then put together a marketing campaign for them based on their available budget, with a detailed overview of what they will be getting for their money. We then call them to go over the campaign, and to answer any questions and address any concerns they may have. If necessary, we schedule as many follow-up phone calls as necessary to give them more detailed information, until they are either comfortable with what we are offering, or they give us a definite "no". As far as "detailed questions about the deliverables", most of our sales are through sales reps like myself. I do have more than a basic knowledge of what we do, but, depending on how "detailed" and how technical the questions get, I may not have the answers. But, there are people in the office who do, so that's why we have follow-up calls. We don't pester people until they sign up just to get us to shut up.
    I don't usually like to advertise in forum threads like this one, but as you may know, there are a lot of SEO firms/people who are more interested in making money than actually helping their clients, so I made an exception in your case. If you'd like more information, PM me here with your contact information, and I'll get back to you.