BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Small Business, and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. sergein

sergein Member

Hi guys,

having tons of years with successful online projects behind me, I am ready to share my experience on how to tackle these questions in cost and time-efficient way. I will gladly answer your questions here.

K likes this.

2. Bobrichmore

Bobrichmore Member

What is the single most important thing to boost your google search rank?

3. sergein

sergein Member

When it comes to SEO and rankings, the first question is how long do you want to stay in the game. Do you want short term results or dominate the niche for as long as it takes? Let's assume that you are asking about the latter.

It's Relevance, bro. Give relevant answers to the questions your visitors crave to find answers for. Answer the questions better than Wikipedia, better than any one of your competitors. Support your points with html5 animations, illustrations, infographics, videos. Forget about link-baits, think about real links earned. Make sure that your posts make people go "WOW", makes them want to join the discussion in the comments section and inspires them to share your points on social networks. No more laziness and shortcuts.

In the long run, nothing can beat natural link profile than real natural link profile.

I believe that Google is trying to fix the problem it has created over the past 10 years. 90% of content that we see now was created with Google guidelines in mind.

Search Engines are now looking closely at how visitors react to content, how they share it via social networks and how actively they respond to it via comments etc.

As you may have noticed, there's a huge rise of "user filtered" media, with which Google (and Bing - let's mention it at least once for now) has to compete - check out Reddit, producthunt, even 9gag. These sites deliver pure relevance sorted by real people. They don't need Google to get new traffic. They get it for free (SEO is a very much paid marketing form, for those of you who still believe otherwise ;)) from Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Stumbleupon. No search algorithm can beat that level of relevance.

Don't try to play by google rules. Stay relevant, so that google has to accept yours.

Remember, Google will stay in the game as long as it stays relevant. If it can't, people will flock to niche alternatives real quick. The same applies to you and your SEO strategy. Actually, forget about SEO, think about the good old quality (content, product, service etc.) and you'll be fine.

Capital SEO likes this.
  4. Bobrichmore

Bobrichmore Member

Appreciate this!

5. sergein

sergein Member

6. K

K Member

Whats the number one tool online to see whats currently missing with your sites SEO.

On site.

7. sergein

sergein Member

Experienced SEO-geek :) But seriously, what sites are we talking about? Custom PHP, open source CMS? The best practice that I've come up with over the years is direct work with database tables - bulk export -> bulk fix -> bulk import

When it comes to on site fixes, here's what you need to look at:

• Picking an SEO Friendly CMS
    • Hosting
    • Page Load Speed
    • Code Validation
    • Site Hierarchy and Navigation
    • URL Structure
    • Internal Linking and Anchor Text
    • Broken Links
    • URL Redirects
    • Robots.txt Configuration
    • XML Sitemap Configuration
    • Title Tags
    • Meta Description Tags
    • Meta Keywords Tags
    • Heading Tags
    • Image Names and ALT Tags
    • NoFollow Tags
    • Content
    • Rich Snippets (microdata, microformats, RDFa)
    • Localization
    • Social Sharing Elements
    There are many SEO tools on the market. E.g. there are 7 tools listed for 2015 - The Best SEO Tools – 2015 Edition | SEW and I used only 3 of them over the years.

I personally like SEMRush as they seem to be rolling out constant updates for their system. And the second reason I've used it most (along with MajesticSEO) is that my clients pay for the accounts, and I usually can achieve most of my goals using the tools available.

Answering the question of "why I use this service or that", is like answering the question "why do you drive this car?". E.g. I haven't yet driven a Ferrari, yet I am pretty sure that Audi can take me places as well. And I don't think, that at this stage of my life Ferrari would be a wise investment considering the max speed limits set by law and the road conditions in Estonia :)

Here's the example report for Entrepreneur Forum | EntrepreneurFix on-site issues that SEMRush found (100 page crawl) - 2015-04-29_1147 - headhunt's library

Usually after "bulk attending" to the issues listed above and updating the database, I also run the site through here - PageSpeed Insights and try to follow all of the suggestions to make sure that google (and other indexing crawlers) can penetrate deeper into my site and index as much of my content as possible.

The more pages google sees, the better are my chances to be seen in search results.

Capital SEO and K like this.
  8. K

K Member

Are you available on Skype? What services do you offer?

9. sergein

sergein Member

I am. The skype is headfhunter

My main focuses are content strategy, on-site/off-site seo, data insights, big websites fast :) E.g. one of my recent projects took me around 3 days and it's over 34k properties in Spain.

10. K

K Member

Interesting, what sort of results can you see in 3 days?

11. Capital SEO

Capital SEO Member

I'd like to second your recommendation of SEMRush (Keyword Research & Competitor analysis) and would like to recommend AHREFS as an alternative to Majestic.

There have been several case studies done that should both Majestic and AHREFS to be the kings of Backlink analysis.

They both have crawlers that index the internet (like Google) and build huge databases by crawling and indexing links. They both allowing you to see the backlink profiles of your competitors. This insight is key to building a backlink strategy that eats your competitors alive.

With that said, similar studies have shown that AHREFS keeps a larger database that Magestic. They both do you research, and both are great!

Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
  12. terryse

terryse Member

Is direct Banner advertising a better monetization method than In-text Advertising?