BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Small Business, and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. ReadmeByAmy

ReadmeByAmy Member

If you are an Entrepreneur...

Say something about your business. When did you started your business? What is the nature of your business? Are you selling a product or services? What are you using to market or advertise your products or services? So far, how do you assess your business? It is growing already or you are still in the process of building the good reputation of your business?

2. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Member

As of yet, I am not running any kind of business, but I would love to venture into entrepreneurship someday. That's why I am trying to learn more about the foundations and pointers of starting a business. Anyhow, I would actually want to have my own online clothing store or a bookshop in the future because both fashion and literature are my true passions.

ReadmeByAmy likes this.
  3. Vinaya.Ghimire

Vinaya.Ghimire Member

I have two businesses which are entirely different. I have a dairy farm and I make money by selling milk. I started the dairy farm with just about $10,000, I am yet to recover my initial investment. I also have couple of websites where I run google ads, market affiliate products, sell product and make money.

ReadmeByAmy likes this.
  4. rz3300

rz3300 Member

One of my babies is half stake in a local pizza shop, and it was my first and is by far my favorite. I think that it made all the better when you consider the fact that I really knew nothing about the business and sort of jumped in with my partner, and it just worked - I know we got lucky. I learned a lot, and wouldn't trade it for anything.

ReadmeByAmy likes this.
  5. Kaia

Kaia Member

I recently stopped selling life insurance. I do believe that life insurance is very important, but I experienced very little joy doing it. I also had a client die. I had only been selling insurance for a couple of years so it was a big shock to me.

Now, I am in the pre-startup phase of a marketing business. It will be a direct mail marketing business.

ReadmeByAmy likes this.
  6. ReadmeByAmy

ReadmeByAmy Member

Well you had a nice business idea an online clothing store is gaining popularity nowadays and in fact there are times where I buy my clothes online. A bookshop is also good and one thing you had said that both are your true passions that is why no doubt you can make good in this kind of businesses. :)

7. arthnel

arthnel Member

I'm still working online and the profits are still slow. I never had much in terms of start up money so I'm okay now because I understand why these things are happening the way they are. This year is still going to be a great year. Having my own business has taught me so many things I wish I knew earlier, like time management, knowing when to say know or to delegate or even even just quitting an idea that seemed wonderful before. The emotions ride up and down frequently but we are holding firm still.

8. remnant

remnant Member

I have ventured into butternut farming. They are easy to grow and don't require alot of farm inputs. Butternut squash takes only 3 months to maturity. It is healing to watch the plants grow and 'lay' butternuts. When ready for harvesting, they have the colour of an eggshell. Marketing is not a problem since they are very versatile in cookery. Small babies love them mashed. They are very tasty and extremely nutritious. They have a long shelf life and one can wait for the prices to rise before selling.

9. Trixen

Trixen Member

I started working in a construction business and learned a lot from it. I used my savings in order to start up a small business venture selling supplies. The construction company I worked with became my first customer.

10. bria1

bria1 Member

My business is amazing and it was very difficult at first to even start it. I had a passion for helping struggling independent artists get their music off the ground..so now many many years later I have branded my company as a way to help those artists that need it the most. I also have a graphic design business that keeps me beyond busy.

11. Corazon

Corazon Member

I have no business right now but I want to tell the story of my first business. It was borne from my sideline of selling clothing items that I get from a boutique in an upscale mall. I would sell the items to my colleagues and friends. It was great going so I decided to put up a boutique. We built a structure in front of my husband's ancestral house to save on rent. And we even had an inauguration of sorts when we opened it. However, it did not prosper and until now we cannot say what we did wrong. We just attributed the failure to luck, we didn't have it.

12. bria1

bria1 Member

I have a graphics business as well as an entertainment company that I have been working with these two companies for about three years. They are LLC's and have been a challenge to keep running smoothly. I think it is interesting to be in business for yourself. It is a very flexible business that I really think is all about trial and error. I usually utilize many social network sites to help promote the different projects we have going. I have learned so much from this profession...and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

13. bhu

bhu Member

I'm a writer and author services freelancer. The author services is rather new, being only offered since December last. My products are books, my services are proofreading and street team management, among others. I'm currently running a Fiverr gig to promote my proofreading services, promoted via social media. In addition, I am offering a private services for reviews swap campaign, extended to a select group via social media private messaging. I'm switching my book marketing from the old blogging and social media to the mailing list system recommended in the ebook Reader Magnets. Writing the next book is standard book marketing procedure. In publishing, as with anything, you need fresh inventory to maintain interest and grow clientele. My business is definitely on the grow!