BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Where do u do most of ur advertising?

1. Online

85.7%
  2. Physical establishments

14.3%

Share This Page

1. MsTrepreneur

MsTrepreneur Entrepreneur

Where do u place ur advertisements? Are a lot of people going to see it? What are the factors that you use to determine where to advertise?

azgold and T J Tutor like this.

2. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Entrepreneur

This all depends on what you are advertising.

MsTrepreneur likes this.
  3. Nikita

Nikita Entrepreneur

I think the best places to advertise is where your audience is. If you are in the food business then maybe look for food blogs and contact them to advertise or participate on food related forums where you could put up a signature linking to your food website. If you are having trouble figuring out the best places to advertise for the right price then consider hiring someone to do the research for you.

4. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

While we do advertise online, the majority of our advertising is done in the real world, so to speak as the industry we're in is more hands on than online.

The bulk of our business is picked up from either word of mouth or from the advertising on the side of the vans, so it's good to see the old ways are still working for us!

5. Nancy

Nancy Entrepreneur

It definitely depends on your specific business. It is always best to advertise specifically to your target audience. Randomly advertising is usually not cost effective at all. You must take time to know who your customers are and where you can find a large group of them BEFORE you can effectively advertise.

In my business, it was easy to contact my potential customers directly as they were a specific type of business. A less niche-type business can prove more of a challenge targeting a specific group, but it can be done with thought, creativity, and experimentation. Be sure to always ask how new customers heard about your business. Word of mouth is the BEST form of advertising, so find ways to encourage your satisfied customers to share with their friends and family!

6. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

When we first took over, we was lucky that the company already had established clients in place, so our advertising budget was only small compared to what it would have been if it was a brand new start up.

Your right when you say that word of mouth is still one of the most popular ways of getting custom, and no matter what sector your business is in, happy customers will always spread the word to others about the service you've provided.

7. jc banks

jc banks Entrepreneur

I do both, word of mouth is good too, I own two businesses so I do ads online and off for both, the cleaning business off line more then on though I do have a blog for it and give tips, the jewelry online mostly though I do a little off line as well, bulletin boards still work well for both. It really does depend on where your target audience is.

Nancy likes this.
  8. Valerie

Valerie Entrepreneur

It depends on what I'm working with. Obviously, affiliate marketing takes place on the internet. And I'm not against trying to advertise via different mediums online. Blogging, forums, comments, and social media make fantastic virtual billboards for anyone willing to see what's being offered.

Outside of the wired world, a great deal of my personal advertising is done word of mouth or through business card exchanges. I find that confidence in myself is the best advertisement for my services in the long run. I am my own walking billboard lol.

9. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

While to some extent I do think the way you come across to others can make a big difference to how people see your business, what I've found is that as soon as people know your an owner, they immediately put their gaurd up and automatically think your going to be on the hard sell.

10. Alaine

Alaine Entrepreneur

The sole intent of placing an ad anywhere is to generate leads for your business. And advertising in niche blogs and forums probably would get you better results. That's where I'd advertise first but if the ads don't get me what I want, I'd try other places too: social media, newspapers, etc.

11. davidper

davidper Entrepreneur

12. Ewa

Ewa Entrepreneur

Try sending out surveys first. Include the questions you want to gain insight on, for example:

"Which of these [give different advertising platforms] you use most?"

"What is a feature of advertisements that annoys you most?" -->
    make sure you avoid that in you advertisements!

"On a scale of 1 to 10, how important is [celebrity endorsement/ "you are worth it" / incentive to buy/ targeting a specific group etc.] in an advert?"

People can basically provide you with the answers so you know which platforms to advertise on, and HOW to advertise.

Highly recommend you a platform typeform.com:

-has digital outlook, templates;
    -easy to use;
    -unlimited number of questions and unlimited number of answers;
    -lets you easily pick types of questions such as scale, multiple choice, picture choice, etc.
    -lets you share easy link with people;
    -gathers all the data into a table and lets you analyse it.

Good luck!

13. moneytalks

moneytalks Entrepreneur

Demographics, demographics, demographics. I use super targeted ads like Facebook. Not only do I target to my audience in regards to age, gender, interests, but I also target geographically as well. Sounds like profiling, but the more granular I get, the better results I have.

azgold likes this.