BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. Vinaya.Ghimire

Vinaya.Ghimire Entrepreneur

Do you finance a program that offers high Return On Investment (ROI)? Do you think investing on a program that offers high ROI is a good business. I have made investments on couple of projects that offer high ROI. I lost money on some projects as well as made money on some projects.

bhu likes this.

2. Corazon

Corazon Entrepreneur

My husband received a government grant to make a movie. And since the grant is not enough, my husband put up a counterpart capital equivalent to 25% of the grant. It was nice to imagine that the movie would earn not only for the capital but with a good ROI. Unfortunately, the director had bungled the job and the finished product was not really good to be shown on theaters. As I saw it, it is actually incomplete. So there, a failed investment of my husband.

3. bhu

bhu Entrepreneur

I don't always base my decisions on return on investment (ROI). Sometimes I go with my heart or my gut instincts. My direct sales businesses' ROI varied based on price point, local market interest, but more often my own use of the products and enthusiasm. With those two things, it became natural to share about my experiences with the product with friends and family, usually at my opening home parties, and that drove sales and bookings. Then all I had to do was follow up on those, which is a common weakness. The stronger my followup, the better my ROI, which was usually about $100 USD for the kit. Writing takes less investment upfront, but I'm only now pursuing it as a business. After reading a book called, Reader Magnets, I hope I can increase my ROI, which is low if I stick with Amazon ebooks and the CreateSpace division for paperbacks printed on demand (POD).

4. Alaine

Alaine Entrepreneur

Businesses/ventures/investments that offer high returns on investment will most likely demand that you invest a lot of capital upfront and as they usually are much riskier there's a high likelihood that you'll lose your money if you aren't lucky.

That's what makes me unwilling invest in anything that promise high returns on investment especially if there's only a 50% chance of success. However if I was to find something that isn't too risky that promises high ROI then I'd invest my money in that.

5. terryse

terryse Entrepreneur

I like to start with investment that i understand the nuts and bolts first. So i'm willing to start with low returns but secured and progress on to high yield investments.

6. CM_2016

CM_2016 Entrepreneur

A well balanced portfolio is extremely important in every financial situation. Like you said, you make money and you lose money with a high ROI investment opportunity. Its all part of the game.

7. webterminator

webterminator Entrepreneur

Even I want to start on investing. Need proper guidance.