BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Small Business, and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. MoonMan

MoonMan Member

In the book "Millionaire Mindset" by T. Harv Eker, he mentions the concept of "READY.. FIRE... AIM" as opposed to "READY...AIM...FIRE". Which suggests that we concentrate less on aiming, and more on firing. You can always readjust once you get going. The problem is, that many of us have a problem getting started with the things we need to do to take us to the next level. I think this is an great piece of advice. Just do it, and fix it later! What do you think?

Valsthrivers and setupdisc like this.

2. Griffin

Griffin Member

I'll be straight out and say that I entirely disagree with this concept, especially coming from an engineering perspective. If we fire, then aim, we'll be rebuilding, which is extremely costly. The precise aiming and planning is required to get that hit on the first shot.

setupdisc likes this.
  3. MoonMan

MoonMan Member

I read it first in T. Harv. Ekers "Millionaire Mindset". It is more of a mantra or motivator to get people to stop thinking too much and get busy acting...trying...on that path toward their dreams. Learn as you go. I think there are a lot of people out there who have a lot of ideas and creativity, but are afraid to break away and give it a go!

4. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Member

His message has been this for as long as he has been around. In fact, it is a refined version of a Napoleon Hill quote,
    "Create a definite plan for carrying out your desire and begin at once, whether you are ready or not to put this plan into action". Think and Grow Rich, Napolean Hill

Create a plan, take action, and refine the process, the business, and the person along the way. Nothing has to be perfect when starting your business because it will never stay the way you start it anyways. You will be continually refining and adjusting for the life of the business.

This is out of context of the author. He does not suggest this as a point to reckon when curing mathematically based requirements. It is aimed at those that get stuck at having to have everything perfect before starting something, anything, but especially business and life choices.

For example, it is impossible to build the perfect ad campaign before launching it. I run into this everyday with Newbies. They can't get off the bench because they are frozen in their steps due to everything not being perfect before they launch a campaign. We all launch imperfect campaigns, everyone of us, period. We launch dozens of them in order to identify the losers with no hope and we find the ones that can be refined and scaled up.

The rule of thumb in business with every successful entrepreneur on the planet is "get it working then refine it"! This is Eker's message and this is Napoleon Hill's message.

setupdisc likes this.
  5. MoonMan

MoonMan Member

Great points! Wow, I read your post twice!! Very inspiring. You are right! I would definitely want my surgeon or the guy designing my car that is going to barrel down the interstate at 65 miles per hour to aim as much as possible before firing!! But even some doctors and engineers had to overcome that initial inertia and get started on the long educational path required for both professions. There are areas in business that require attention to detail to be sure. But, as far as someone starting a new business, or launching a new product, or "shipping" as Seth Godin calls it, sometimes we have to listen to Nike and "Just do it!" Thanks for reminding me of Think and Grow Rich!! I need to go back and reread my old dog-eared copy!!

Valsthrivers likes this.
  6. Valsthrivers

Valsthrivers Member

I started running the third day I started my career as a promoter for Thrive, the number one wellness program in North America. I've only stopped once in six months, to look back at the incredible team I'm building. Experience tells me to keep moving forward, no matter what roadblocks get in your way! It's worth it!

7. onlinecashcity

onlinecashcity Member

Congrats! Sounds like you've got things going for you.

The concept of ready, fire aim is interesting. In some cases I can think where it definitely wouldn't work, but it's true that in the idea of entrepreneurship, the internet, etc., it's best to start early and fire on all cylinders and learn as you go. The earlier the better!

Valsthrivers likes this.