BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. Jade

Jade Entrepreneur

I normally offer consulting, but I'd gladly ask some questions for three hours starting from now :)

Ask me anything.

K and Steve Dawson like this.

2. Knight Rider

Knight Rider Entrepreneur

What is best keyword research tool tool do you think?

3. Steve Dawson

Steve Dawson Entrepreneur

Well, I'm disappointed that I missed your three hour deadline Jade, but its good of you to offer free advice for interested parties here. Three hours is a bit tight considering you have an international audience here. Is there any chance you will repeat the offer in the future with perhaps a slightly less-stringent time-frame ? (24 hours would ensure that all time-zones could view the thread). My apologies if this seems a bit cheeky, its probably because it IS a bit cheeky, but I personally would value the chance to gain a bit of insight from your experience.

4. Jade

Jade Entrepreneur

I will increase it to 48 hours from this post. I wanted to ensure people posted, thus furthering the website.

Ask away.

Steve Dawson likes this.
  5. Jade

Jade Entrepreneur

Still, good ol' Google's Keyword Planner.

However, ultimately (if you are considering what keywords to do) you should install google analytics for one month, and see how people might have found you organically through search results. For example, my site someone was looking for "Ceiling Fan Bulbs" and so when you add that to any advertisement/meta keywords/tags it does make a difference.

Capital SEO likes this.
  6. stevieboy22

stevieboy22 Entrepreneur

On youtube, I see people who are looking at expired domains that have "domain authority" or "page rank" that aren't always related to their site...

What is the goal with these? To make a minimal site and link out to their money site? And capture some link juice?

7. Jade

Jade Entrepreneur

I'm assuming I understand your question and you want to know why someone would want this?

Think of it this way, their website sells soap.. and on a shampoo company had 1M monthly visitors and would always link to "FreshandClear.org" but that website is down. If you were to buy that domain, you'd get all of those back links already.

The same plan works in reverse where you can sell said domains. I'm not sure what you mean "aren't always related to their site though"? I don't think that's relevant to the question.

Hope this helps :)

8. stevieboy22

stevieboy22 Entrepreneur

Okay, so I am trying to market an online high school.

Would there be value in me buying say "craigtnelson.com" if it has a high domain authority/page rank and linking out to it?

How important is relevance?

9. Steve Dawson

Ah, thanks again, I was hoping you would say something like that. I've been looking at blogging as a way to make online income. I've got a fair stockpile of decent articles, all original and unseen, on a subject I have plenty of interest in, and which is fairly popular amongst a large demographic. Website hosting is where I'm becoming flustered by all the options. Should I pay to have a website hosted, or will I get just as much benefit from a wordpress style blog that won't cost me anything ? I'm looking to keep my start-up costs as low as humanly possible yet still have the ability to make money on my blog. What are my best options here ? When it comes to revenue, is Google adsense the most profitable, or are there other options that I can look into ? (I'm in the UK if there are any geographical restrictions)

10. Jade

Jade Entrepreneur

You asked pretty much an entire consultation in this post ;)

To answer your points.. You should love blogging if you are attempting to do it. Basically to move on to webhosting, you should always purchase a webhost. I recommend Technode - Premium Shared Hosting and Web Hosting | Shared Hosting | Website Hosting by Arvixe

You can install WordPress for free, and then use it as you would on wordpress.com. The SEO inheritantly is on your own servers, and google can catch a lot more. I love google adsense, and it's what I use on a daily basis. You should register over at google.com/adsense

I believe I came across another site recently.. if I can find it link is here.
    If you'd like help setting up your blog I'd gladly assist. PM invitation :)

Start-up costs can be around $75 for a year including domain name.

AdventureLife likes this.
  11. Jade

Jade Entrepreneur

Importance is relevant in the beginning.. but ultimately it's about the content on your site. If you have a high authority and/or PR then by all means go for it.

Also though keep in mind that with starting a school, you have to abide by very strict regulations. I'd look into them before buying anything.

12. Steve Dawson

'You asked pretty much an entire consultation in this post'

Yes, guilty as charged, sorry about that Jade, I can never resist free stuff.

Your reply is a treasure-trove of information, its far more than I expected to get out of you and I will take some time to follow all the leads you have supplied. Thank you very much for all the tips, they are invaluable to me as I would not have managed to get such a focused answer to my questions anywhere else. When I'm in a position to launch the blog I'll come back to you and see if we can take part in some mutually profitable collaboration, once again many thanks for the time you've spent answering my questions.

13. Jade

Jade Entrepreneur

Renewing this for another 48 hours.

ask away.

14. Ervin

Ervin Entrepreneur

Two questions:
    How should one go about promoting a product to a niche audience, besides SEO? This audience is scattered around the web so there isn't a single platform which will reach all of them.

Lets say I set up multiple presentation websites for a product, each targeting a different audience (yes this is a complex product), could the big boss (Google) see it as spam? The secondary presentation sites all have unique content but they clearly showcase/promote one thing.

15. Jade

Jade Entrepreneur

You would obviously have varied content amongst the multiple paltforms so no, it won't be considered spam. However if you literally copied and pasted the data, and with the right amount of traffic, become blacklisted.

In terms of your first question.

This is a very hard idea as most SEO centers around bringing people from one source. You could do a few things. You could implement a strategy that helps others in a certain way should they bring in other people. Let's say I wanted to make a "I hate facebook" website. I could advertise on twitter, but chances are they hate that too. The first few members will be hard to get but I have to focus 100% on user experience and retention. You see, word of mouth has been and always will be one of the best ways to market. Another option is to just put all your energy on the largest platform they gather on (albeit the same effect may happen regardless of intention)

I hope this helps a little.

Ervin likes this.
  16. Ervin

Ervin Entrepreneur

Thank you, you have cleared a lot of confusion. I am doing something similar to what you suggested and yeah, since it is hard to reach those customers I am focusing a lot more power than my competitors on retention, my conversion rate is amazing.

One quick question if I may, is there any value to SEO hosting or just marketing? (hosting with dedicated IPs which, claimed by the hosting providers, give more SEO benefits because google sees them as a "third party link" with more value)

17. Jade

Jade Entrepreneur

Sure, objectively I can say yes. It does give you an edge. But realistically? No.

Google crawls your site, decides the value of the content, and thus ranks it.

18. Ervin

Ervin Entrepreneur

Not sure if this is still going but I will ask a 4th question since nobody replied:

What are the biggest mistakes startups make when it comes to product marketing?

From my experience (learnt the hard way):
    • Not being resourceful
    • Not identifying the target audience correctly

19. 111kg

111kg Entrepreneur

Maybe this receives an answer as well: what's your opinion on EMD websites? What about MFA websites? As long as you bring value, they should be ok, right?

20. Jade

Jade Entrepreneur

48 Hour notice again ;)

EMD websites are okay, and are great for start-ups. I wouldn't say that it's "better" but it sure as hell helps (for retention only! not for google results.) MFA websites.. well I don't have a very high opinion of them as I strive for quality in my websites. I think you shouldn't create anything you aren't proud of. That being said, technically most websites are "MFA" but are that of high quality.

Both are okay for projects and income potential.

Hope this helps :)