BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Quеstiоn аbоut gеtting а businеss pаrtnеr

Discussion in 'General Business and Entrepreneurship' started by Jack Benoit, Apr 8, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Jack Benoit

Jack Benoit Entrepreneur

This is а quеstiоn fоr еntrеprеnеurs whо hаvе nо idеа аbоut соding аnd tеаmеd up with sоmеоnе whо knоws hоw tо соdе. Whеrе did yоu find yоur pаrtnеr аnd hоw did it wоrk оut fоr yоu? I аm rеаlly intеrеstеd in thе аnswеrs соming frоm pеоplе whо fоund sоmеоnе оutsidе his оwn сirсlеs аnd соmmunitiеs.

T J Tutor likes this.

2. jona

jona Entrepreneur

Unless it is your idea and you can somehow patent or protect somehow before you present it to a coder you will be at a slight disadvantage, your partner could run at any moment with your idea because they have the ability to develop it without you whereas you need a coder unless you learn to code yourself. So make sure to have some kind of contract in place or something. I am actually talking to you from the other side as I am a coder myself and I've seen stuff like that happening all the time, nevertheless, the technical expertise is not everything, stuff like a good marketing is probably more important so I, as a coder, I am always looking for people that could complement my expertise in those areas, for instance, people that know how to sell and convince customers.

seancojr likes this.
  3. 111kg

111kg Entrepreneur

Rather than teaming up with someone, I'd rather raise the money and make someone code for me. Programmers are so used to write code that yours will be just another task. Don't worry, they won't "run" and steal your idea. However, make sure to hire a professional, not just some kid who knows how to search on stackoverflow.

4. jona

jona Entrepreneur

They will, that's the reason None Disclosure Agreement contracts exist. If you believe the sources Facebook itself was a stolen idea, and I am not talking about that movie, that although very well crafted is ultimately a work of fiction, I am talking about the real legal proceedings that you can read to find more about this case. There is a reason Zuckerberg was ordered to pay over 300$ million to the Winklevoss twins, their case had merit.

I you really have a million dollar idea make sure to protect it because from DOS to Pinterest you will see that somebody, somewhere stole the idea from somebody else and made all the millions by himself. The opposite is also true, google the story of a game developer that lost everything to a couple of business associated that now even own the things that he developed, the game is called "Ant Simulator"

I am not saying you should never trust a programmer or any other employee, you just have to be careful and take appropiate measures to protect your intellectual property.

seancojr likes this.
  5. Apolloniac

Apolloniac Entrepreneur

Instead of getting a partner have you first tried looking into third party suppliers? You could outsource coding work you know just make sure you have a solid contract. What kind of business are you in? I think this really depends if it's short term or long-term work. You definitely have a lot of options.

6. FenWoFon

FenWoFon Entrepreneur

Well the last partner I ahd was found in a gaming community, I personally met him because we played in the same game server and therefore we became friends, he did everything I asked him for as favours as we were kinda best friends online.

seancojr likes this.
  7. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Entrepreneur

I outsource and have good relationships with my outsourcing resources. I see no reason to make any of them partners. Adding someone to your team doesn't mean partnering. Why get a partner for a skill alone?

8. VirtualGlobalPhone

VirtualGlobalPhone Moderator Entrepreneur

If the requirement is full proof as per the IT standards and your investment can sustain 60 to 70% loss than you can use either outsourcing or hire your own team; both are 2 sides of the coin (if you are just jumping in).

My view is ; today we are connected globally than when compare to 5 to 10 years back. Added to that you have powerful search engine which gives you the list of all the product near to your requirement right from open source to commercial. So what you need is to start from the bottom with lowest investment. Play around for a while with similar product and throw some enquiry and see who can customize to fit for you.