BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Qualities of a good salesperson

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Lounge' started by ReadmeByAmy, Mar 8, 2016.

Share This Page

1. ReadmeByAmy

ReadmeByAmy Entrepreneur

If you are an entrepreneur and you need the help of a salesperson to market and sell your products and services what are the qualities of a good salesperson you are looking for your business?

2. remnant

remnant Entrepreneur

A good salesperson should be presentable. Like in other areas of life, first impressions matter. Tact and persuasivess will make the customers to follow the sales pitch and follow up to make a purchase. A good salesperson should have empathy to be able to place himself in the customers' shoes and address their concerns about the functionality of their product. Optimism and resilience will see him through challenging times and enable him deal with difficult customers.

3. Nikita

Nikita Entrepreneur

One of the biggest things I look for is someone who doesn't overdo it. Whenever I see someone overly excited or even just has too big of a smile I start to think a little more defensively. I do consider that some people may just be naturally like that but just in general it's one of the things I watch out for.

4. briannagodess

briannagodess Entrepreneur

I think here are the qualities of a good salesperson:
    • Persistent.
    • Professional.
    • Smart.
    • Knows how to build rapport with people.
    • Easy to talk to.
    • Willing to learn new things.
    As long as person have these qualities, he or she will be able to drive sales to a company or business. It also helps if the person is naturally positive and happy as this shows to customers as well.

5. Bonyi

Bonyi Entrepreneur

One quality a sales person should have is good communication skill. You should be able to communicate effectively and efficiently. Those you're marketing to should know your product through your good communication delivery.

6. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Entrepreneur

The most important elements of a salesperson are as follows:

1. Knows that selling the customer on the product, the company, and themselves so they won't have to sell the price.
    2. Has complete and total product intelligence.
    3. Professionally presents the product with poise and character.
    4. Understands the need to be adaptive to each type of customer as well as those in the company.
    5. Knows the "World is a Stage" and understands the nature of "Playhouse 90".
    6. Is a powerful strategist when prospecting.
    7. Has their company's Mission Statement memorized and an expert at representing it.