BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Would you use a QR code for marketing

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Not sure

1 vote(s)
    16.7%

Share This Page

1. setupdisc

setupdisc Moderator Entrepreneur

Papa Johns and a bunch of other corporations had their marketing teams jump at the opportunity to use QR codes to attract more of the mobile market share to their advantage and make things easier for customers to get information, instant coupons, and visit web sites.

Do you use QR codes for your business advertising? Do you feel it helps? And do you use them from others with your mobile phone occasionally, even if you don't use them for what you do?

I've used them a few times for advertising and for my phone (android) to get offers from other places that I was interested in, but only on occasion. Other people seem to use it a lot more. What's your position on it?

2. djentre

djentre Entrepreneur

I don't know. Nay for me for now. I haven't caught on. But, yeah, just like you said- people are using them a lot. But, I prefer simpler methods :)

setupdisc likes this.
  3. William Clements

William Clements Moderator Business Owner Entrepreneur

I would and have added QR Code and can be done easy and for free. People who use their QR reader on their mobile device would love to use it like me and the apps are free as well. I have not really launched it. However, here is an great example where I added QR Code to my website project. You can visit it by Clicking Here.

Angel and setupdisc like this.
  4. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Entrepreneur

I have tried these in marketing and found they are not used with any regularity. However, in the stores I use them often to look up merchandise information.

setupdisc likes this.
  5. Pop

Pop Entrepreneur

When they were new I thought the idea of QR codes was very cool. I downloaded a QR code reader and tried using it. But I soon got bored and deleted it. Most QR codes are on advertising and lead to more advertising. Most people are happy finding the sites they want by url or keyword. If your url is too long to be remembered and to poorly ranked to be found on Google, not having a QR code is the least of your problems.

setupdisc likes this.
  6. thedude

thedude Entrepreneur

To be honest with you, I have never watched anyone ever use a QR code. I see them often, and everybody I know has a smart phone, but nobody uses QR codes. It's something that I thought about integrating onto the back of my business card to bring up my website, but other then that that I wouldn't use it.

setupdisc likes this.
  7. djentre

djentre Entrepreneur

Exactly. But maybe it's catching on.

setupdisc likes this.
  8. Pop

Pop Entrepreneur

They came out in 2010. I doubt they will suddenly start 'catching on' 5 years later for no good reason. That ship has sailed. Even if something similar catches on I bet it will be a different format and only after a reader comes standard and pre-loaded on iPhones--with all those other stupid apps they won't let you delete.

9. Schmetterling

Schmetterling Entrepreneur

Using QR codes makes a lot of sense. People are more likely to scan a code to see the information they're after than to type in your domain. It simplifies bringing people over to your website. Definitely give it a go.

10. K

K Entrepreneur

No from me, old tech and didn't ever take off.

11. James Fresh

James Fresh Entrepreneur

Personal i never scanned a QR code in my life. But maybe its more common for lazy ppls

12. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Entrepreneur

I have never tried it before, and I don't think I would incorporate it in my business in the future.

13. 111kg

111kg Entrepreneur

Definitely nay. I mean... Warren Buffet always tells people to not invest in something the average Joe can't understand. How would you explain QR Codes to your grandma so she would use it in her day to day life.

14. William Clements

William Clements Moderator Business Owner Entrepreneur

Unless your grandmother is the kind of person who uses the most updated technology I guess she would not know about online businesses at all. You do not need to invest in setting up an QR Code, it is free. If you pay for it, your going with the wrong company.

15. CoolSpot

CoolSpot Entrepreneur

people seem to always be confused by what they are and what they do, so unless your goign to print instructions like, download this app, scan, it will take you to this page, i wouldnt bother.