BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Programmer help?

Discussion in 'Planning Your Business' started by Isaac Kieffer, Jun 27, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Isaac Kieffer

Isaac Kieffer Entrepreneur

Hello fellow entrepreneurs and programming bosses. I was wondering what are the cost involved to integrate a barcode scanner into an already existent app/website?

Thanks.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016

2. CoolSpot

CoolSpot Entrepreneur

It would depend on what you done with the information that is scanned from the bar code. (ie/ what you want to happen after the bar code has been scanned)

If you are looking to scan your products to upload them into an ecommerce site, this can be done by setting up your bar code scanner with excel or your spreadsheet program of choice and saving the file as a csv ready to upload to your site.

3. Isaac Kieffer

Isaac Kieffer Entrepreneur

It would be used to scan receipts at stores to know the value of the products purchased. So on a stores bar code typically they can item numbers that were sold on those bar codes. So If you scanned it you could see what was bought on the receipt, then you could run it threw the store database to find the amount of money spent on that transaction. So I would be using it to scan a receipt to know how much was spent.