BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. Jalees Khan

Jalees Khan Entrepreneur

Hello everyone,

I recently joined the community, before starting to serve the community it may be necessary to solve the paradox first because if you help me to find the best career (Employee or Entrepreneur) for me. I am going to able to live at best and can serve at best.

Background:

I am graduated as Petroleum Engineer in March 2016. However, during studies I was impassionate and thinking to drop off because I find enthusiasm in Electrical Engineering as I participate enthusiastically in discussion related to Physics and Mathematics Instead Geology (maybe I hate it till now). I didn't drop off because I have an idea that I can do Master's on Bachelor’s degree in my dream Field. However, due to my recent internship I get little motivation for Petroleum Industry may be due to the money it contains and spend on their employee.

As Entrepreneur:

During my studies I observe that people go to shops and buy stuffs on high rates (due to the greedy prices, new term!) even which can be available at their doorsteps at less price. Therefore, I started Books Delivery Service at University, gave name OnDelivery, of which I created broacher on my own using designing website (which I uploaded) and write it also on my own. In turn I generated $400 (revenue) in 3-4 months. In this little experience I find myself highly enthusiastic, while mitigating people problems with the help of social media and mobile communication (with which I receive orders) and therefore wanted to create a medium (e-commerce) through which people can buy exact goods at suitable price (real price) instead on greedy prices; get real information about product, open od account for security of deals, much more. But I stop due to that I don't know coding and have no so much financial back up. Fortunately, I know that I can solve these problems if I decided to be the Entrepreneur.

Petroleum Engineering interest:

While being a petroleum Engineer, I find interest in Reservoir Engineering in Field Optimization and wanting to create a software which optimize well placement, etc without trial and error method. Means, answer the best practice to do at input conditions and available resources because there is always been the best way to do something but we have to just find it out.

?:

Due to this, I am not applying for jobs while not even starting my business. Just I want to know what I have to do with my life to live forever. Kindly give me the practical advice on to be Employee or Entrepreneur?

(Note: Kindly don't bias due to the entrepreneur community member, just tell the best path for me and feel free for more questions)

I am very grateful to you all, in advance!

Attached Files:

T J Tutor likes this.

2. William Clements

William Clements Moderator Business Owner Entrepreneur

3. azgold

azgold Moderator Entrepreneur

Hello @Jalees Khan and welcome to EFix! :)

No one can make that decision for you, I'm afraid. Which one do you have a passion for?

T J Tutor likes this.
  4. Jalees Khan

Jalees Khan Entrepreneur

I find myself passionate in e-commerce, may be due to the time I spent on internet rather than in Petroleum Industry (spent only about 25days in Petroleum Industry). However, I just say that I am obsessed about an app or website, which provide almost every product and every service link at fair price with free home delivery to business owner and end-customers. Also a platform, which is socio-trading one in which people where people chat, make friends and help each other to make decision. THIS COME IN MIND WHEN I SEE THE BAD BUYER-SELLER RELATIONSHIP IN MY SOCIETY, THAT BUYER WANTS TO CUT SELLER PROFIT AS MUCH HE CAN, WHILE SELLER WANTS TO GET AS MUCH HE CAN FROM BUYERS POCKET. SIMPLY PROFIT (ADVANTAGE) = OTHER'S LOSS (DISADVANTAGE). Simply Many ideas pop up for business but I think are they practical or have I to leave the petroleum industry (because less time spent in it and less motivated)?

azgold likes this.
  5. VirtualGlobalPhone

VirtualGlobalPhone Moderator Entrepreneur

@Jalees Khan , Welcome to entrepreneurfix.

You are in right track ; jump in and keep running. Some times you may need to sprint, so keep the energy and move ahead. Like @azgold said other decision or suggestion may not really help the complex circumstance and situation you are in. Keep working and ask question on micro level.

Don't forget the search in resources links, lots of firms and consultants who can help you get started quickly.

Best wishes..

6. Jalees Khan

Jalees Khan Entrepreneur

Thank you VirtualGlobalPhone and azgold but I just want to isolate myself for one work, it is a big decision because my colleagues, relatives and others seeing me as Petroleum Engineer (I spent my core 4 years in it) and if I start business with no coding and little startup experience than it cost me?

7. VirtualGlobalPhone

@Jalees Khan ; Its not what others think about you its what you think about yourself. When you come into the world of business everything costs and everything has potential to earn back.

If you need a specific experience put that requirement , i am sure you will get lots of reply directly!

azgold likes this.
  8. Jalees Khan

Jalees Khan Entrepreneur

That's clear me but the last one I wanna clear, what I have to do my Petroleum Engineering Degree and previous four dedicated undergraduate years?

This question answer will ameliorate the level of uncertainty. Thank you for the time @VirtualGlobalPhone .

9. VirtualGlobalPhone

@Jalees Khan , You know most of the educated human beings today question the entire education system , lucky you. You are only questioning 4 years! :) .

If you ask me... Leave the past in peace... and trust the time you spent on the past that all those will be helpful , may be not direct but indirect.

Their is no written script for life ... you have to keep exploring and keep writing your own!!

Just go with where your Interest and heart says! and love every bit of it... failure or success...

Best wishes ...

azgold likes this.
  10. Jalees Khan

Jalees Khan Entrepreneur

Thank you for all the precious advices and I have decided to go on entrepreneurial journey.

azgold likes this.
  11. Jalees Khan

Jalees Khan Entrepreneur

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
  12. azgold

Your front cover is a little bare but mostly, you could use a little help with your English. It's not quite correct. Or will this be published in a different language and you just translated it for us?

Also, I wondered what you deliver. It doesn't really say.

Edit: Oh, wait a minute. I read it again, it says only for books and stationary. Sorry.

13. Jalees Khan

Jalees Khan Entrepreneur

I published it in English. I try to improve weaknesses.

14. azgold

Do you know someone who has English as a first language who can help you with it?

VirtualGlobalPhone likes this.
  15. Jalees Khan

Jalees Khan Entrepreneur

16. azgold

There are places online that do translating of the original language, as well as places that can correct the English copy you already have.

17. Jalees Khan

Jalees Khan Entrepreneur

azgold likes this.
  18. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Entrepreneur

Welcome to EntrepreneurFix @Jalees Khan !

Wow, loads of great conversation in this thread. I've been traveling on and off for a while and missed a load of awesome posts like this one.

Great to see all of the well thought out responses.

Follow your gut @Jalees Khan ! Be dedicated to your plans!

The life of an entrepreneur includes working tirelessly at times, making sacrifices like time at home and less time with hobbies. However, it is those sacrifices and dedication that will reward you with all you desire.

See you around the forums.

T J

19. Jalees Khan

Jalees Khan Entrepreneur

Thank you for the warm welcome and I am working on the plans. It means we will remain in conversation.

azgold likes this.