BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Small Business, and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. Is this an insane ideal?

I would just like to find a personal clothing manufacturer who can put together my unique and custom fashion design ideals, since I usually come up with completely original fashion ideals that you typically can't put together from a pattern since I was in elementary school but I never wanted to actually become a fashion designer.

I definitely don't have time to learn all the nuances of sewing but I would LOVE to design my own clothing articles in my closet. Maybe I can put together my ideals for a personal clothing line per year or twice a year for a fall/winter and spring/summer cycle.

Maybe that could be a new business ideal or maybe I have to hunt down a clothing manufacturer for my closet. What do you think?

Digsby Trace likes this.

2. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Member

That's not an insane idea, that's actually a pretty good one. Just find the right clothing manufacturer, and always maintain good communication with that person so you won't have any misunderstandings. All the best, and keep us posted! :)

Digsby Trace likes this.
  3. Digsby Trace

Digsby Trace Member

I always see most fashion desginers learning the basic of sewing. Maybe you should also try to learn the fundamentals for you to be able to describe and demonstrate to your future manufacturers the exact outcome of your creation. But if you think you can go without learning them and just want to design and show your fashion ideas then you can just consult a manufacturer and they will do the product for you. I once did that for a personalized t-shirt, I designed it and send to a printing shop. I was satisfied with the result but designing a t-shirt is way simple compared to being a full-time fashion designer. If you love fashion and love creating fashion ideas, you can check out, Polyvore, a social network for fashion enthusiast. You will meet a lot of people who share the same love for fashion and some have even work in the industry. They might give you some great advice.