BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. Patrick

Patrick Entrepreneur

I have a few questions regarding personal development:
    1. How do you read a book?
      • Do you read the book cover to cover or speed read? If you speed read, can you still get the message of the author?
      • How do you read a book effectively?

T J Tutor likes this.

2. EF-Roger

EF-Roger Entrepreneur

Welcome Patrick.

I read from cover to cover.

3. Bonsco

Bonsco Entrepreneur

I'm not much of a reader so I listen to audio books over and over and over, especially with transformational books. Reading things once will not release it's precious gems hidden within after only a couple of reads. Just what works for me!

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
    Jmreid likes this.
  4. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Entrepreneur

Welcome to EntrepreneurFix @Patrick !

I do both actually. In fact I typically speed read everything initially and then go back and read at a study pace. I rarely read a novel, but any recreational reading I do is typically at a study pace.

5. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Entrepreneur

I absolutely love reading books, but I am not really into academic books, I am more interested in fiction, so it depends on what kind of book I am reading. If it's a non-fiction, then probably I would just skim through it. But if it's a novel, I would definitely read it cover to cover.

6. Youngjoshua2020

Youngjoshua2020 Entrepreneur

I am looking to commit my self to start reading more books. I do a lot of online of various articles daily. I will read 50 pages of a book in one setting before I know it as well in a day but rarely return and hardly will finish the book.

7. terryse

terryse Entrepreneur

Effective reading consists of both speed and comprehension. When you speed read, comprehension actually increases since speed reading helps prevent one's mind from drifting while reading. I am one of those people who read for enjoyment and relaxation. I prefer speed reading whenever i read but i don't spend much of my time reading.