BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. Pop

Pop Entrepreneur

It seems like so much entrepreneur and indie materials emphasis being an eternal optimist and high energy cheerleader sort.

But when you look at the success stories, many successful self-made people are serious, analytical types--maybe even kind of skeptical and introvert.

Yes drive and persistent is important. But so it data, analysis, and not being credulous.

I think we need to recognize that there are many paths to success and many temperaments that go with it.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2015

2. EF-Roger

EF-Roger Entrepreneur

True, but as in any venture, people need encouragement and motivation. It seems we can be our own worst enemy.

3. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

I do think it's important for people to have an happy go lucky type of outlook. While I'm not saying you have to be annoyingly cheerful, it's better than being all doom and gloom, and always thinking the worst will happen.

azgold likes this.
  4. mtayp01

mtayp01 Entrepreneur

I do think being cheerful, energetic and optimistic can coexist with being serious, analytical and skeptical. They're not all mutually exclusive, and I think that by finding the right balance between all these characteristics, your road to success will be a lot easier.

azgold likes this.
  5. Pop

Pop Entrepreneur

They can coexist, but having just read a bunch of bios for safe made business people--many of them are frankly grumpy, dour, and more the "don't suffer fools gladly type" with few to no friends.

Different kinds of people succeed in business all the time. And many of the most wildly successful examples are not at all likable. They stay true to their own vision partly by not giving a damn what other people think and not hesitating to say so. Steve Jobs was always tersely blunt rather than polite, the Netflix CEOs never hesitated to fire a person no matter how nice and hard-working they were--in fact one of the main mantras is "hard work doesn't matter".

There is not a single personality type that leads to business success. What matters is making the most of what you have, finding something that works, and not trying to somehow become another kind of person entirely which leaves you conflicted and insincere.

6. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Entrepreneur

I believe success is a combination of hard work, intelligence, patience, and luck. It is not all about having the motivation nor the intelligence, and not even patience. All of them should go hand in hand if you want to be successful in your chosen field.