BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. EF-Roger

EF-Roger Entrepreneur

Dozens of people are reported dead after a series of what appear to be coordinated attacks across Paris late Friday. A hostage situation is continuing at a concert hall. CNN will update this story as information comes in:

• French President Francois Hollande, in an address to the nation, said he had declared a state of emergency, meaning borders will be closed. "We have to show compassion and solidarity and we also have to show unity and keep our cool. France must be strong and great," he said.

• The Paris prefecture of police is instructing residents to stay home. The prefecture said via Twitter that people should stay inside "unless there's an absolute necessity."

• French authorities have launched a terrorism investigation, Eric Pelletier, a reporter with Le Pariesien, tells CNN Paul Cruickshank. There has been no official claim of responsibility, though ISIS has applauded the attacks on Twitter, Cruickshank reports.

Read entire article: Paris attacks: 60 reported killed - CNN.com

2. Griffin

Griffin Entrepreneur

Terrible. It's sad to see that a human would do this to other humans. My thoughts are with the people of Paris.

3. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Entrepreneur

I have just heard this news today. I think there are already 100 people confirmed to be dead. Such a tragic news, indeed. I wonder when would terrorism ever end.

Praying for the souls of those innocent lives. May they rest in peace now.

4. arthnel

arthnel Entrepreneur

My prayers and heart also go out to the victims and their families. It is truly a terrible feeling to know that your loved one just went out to have a good evening only to die a meaningless death at the hands of people who have no real cause. May they rest in peace.

5. EF-Roger

EF-Roger Entrepreneur

Preliminary Evidence Indicates Paris Attack Was Carried Out by Trained Fighters

The level of planning and synchronization exhibited in Friday’s terror attacks in Paris — with six separate but near-simultaneous incidents killing almost 130 people — makes it likely that they were executed (or at least planned) by experienced combatants, multiple analysts cited by Bloomberg are saying.

“For terrorists to inflict such a large amount of damage they must have been trained very well,” Ghanem Nuseibeh, founder of London-based risk consultancy Cornerstone Global Associates told Bloomberg. “It’s not a layman and it’s not a lone attacker.”

Roger Shanahan, a Middle East security expert at the Australian National University, added that the strikes across Paris clearly “took a fair degree of planning and central direction.” He further speculated that the Islamic State of Iraq and Greater Syria (ISIS) could be responsible.

Read more Paris Attacks Appear to Be Work of Trained Fighters: Experts