BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Outbrain & Taboola

Discussion in 'Sales' started by Lynda, Mar 29, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Lynda

Lynda Entrepreneur

Has anyone used these to promote their business, and are they any good? It looks as though you have to have regularly updated content, but what really made me wonder was that there's a minimum daily fee for advertising. £10 a day isn't a lot, but for that do you actually get the type of traffic that makes it worthwhile, and how well do leads from these sources convert?

I'd be very curious about this, as it was something we were looking into.

T J Tutor likes this.

2. thedude

thedude Entrepreneur

How does their program work? Are they trusted companies? Some SEO tactics are blackhat and work good at first but then google ends up not trusting your site anymore. Just make sure to do a lot of research. Posting here was a good idea.

Edit:
    They advertise your site with banners?

3. Lynda

Lynda Entrepreneur

No, these aren't banner advertisers. For both of them you write content e.g. an article with a picture, and then they add your article to their rotation by geographic or market sector. It is a little more work than simply throwing a banner across, but with a good article/landing page I could see it working quite well.

They provide the sponsored links sections and content for a lot of very large sites like CNN, but can be very picky about articles being veiled marketing and the CPC isn't cheap. That's why I was curious about conversion rates.

4. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Entrepreneur

Content is King! High quality content and highly targeted quality traffic is a great formula for monetizing websites. New content needs to be added frequently in order for a content site to flourish. Taboola and Outbrain can be very useful tools as long as you provide the proper vehicle for them.