BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. ASAP!

ASAP! Entrepreneur

Does anyone have experience with using an online site like oDesk for bookeeping etc?

2. azgold

azgold Moderator Entrepreneur

I would never in a million years! It gives me the heebie jeebies to think about submitting sensitive information to a site like that. In fact, I'll skip online and use a face-to-face resource.

3. Tagging

Tagging Entrepreneur

I personally don't see an issue with it as you would obviously ONLY trust those with big reputations and reviews

4. Eastside

Eastside Entrepreneur

Personally I wouldn't trust anyone either on one of these sites with my accounts and docs etc I think its better to go local

5. ianternet

ianternet Entrepreneur

I tried it and it didnt work out that well. but maybe I was lazy in trying to find the perfect person. It does work you just have to give them a third party software like xero.

6. Enronitis

Enronitis Business Owner Entrepreneur

I personally do all my keeping on excel.
    Or, in my journal/notebook.
    I wouldn't use a website like that to keep track of my investments or anything else, would make me uncomfrotable.

7. TyForest

TyForest Entrepreneur

I personally wouldn't trust anyone else with my money other than a local accountant

8. Roy Roger

Roy Roger Business Owner Entrepreneur

My company's business developer find many business clients through Odesk, Elance etc. I never have any work related or
    results related problem with those guys. Although many times they become our regular clients because of the trust we do for each other.

9. Zuckerberg Jr

Zuckerberg Jr Entrepreneur

Before you hire someone check his/her previous work history, feedback as well as hours of work.

10. Thomas Hale

Thomas Hale Entrepreneur

Odesk is now UPWORK!!! and I heard that Elance also marge with UpWork.

11. Dandelion

Dandelion Entrepreneur

Yes I know it too. I think its better. Where all the quality worker in one platform. Now come to the point I do also use UpWork for bookeeping and it's save my time. You know time is money.

12. Ryan Cameron

Ryan Cameron Entrepreneur

Bookipping isn't complicated task, but it kills the huge amount of time. That is the reason I have to outsource it. I used Elance for hiring bookkeeping expert.

13. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Entrepreneur

I believe oDesk/Upwork is a good site to hire freelance accountants. I know a lot of freelancers working as bookkeepers for this site. Just make sure that the person you're going to hire somehow meet your requirements. You need to have good communication with them as well.

14. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

While I've nothing against a site like this, I prefer to use Facebook to face accountants to keep the business accounts in check.

Not only do I have security concerns about sending information like that to a person you don't know, I feel that face to face you will get a better service and level of performance as you won't just be another name on a screen.

15. Vinaya.Ghimire

Vinaya.Ghimire Entrepreneur

Elance merged with oDesk and now oDesk is Upwork. I have used upwork bus as a freelancer to find writing jobs. I have also hired couple of writers and designers for my projects and I was satisfied with the work. I have never thought about bookkeeping via odeks.