BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New guy! Need help to start!

Discussion in 'Starting Your Business' started by Dan Resnic, Jun 27, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Dan Resnic

Dan Resnic Entrepreneur

Hello everyone, my name is Dan Resnic and I've been lurking the forums for a while but just decided to join.

I'm creating a very simple collaborative delivery system (combining ideas from Ubr RUSH and Amazon now). Basically the idea is to have companies register (dry cleaners, restaurants, etc etc) and provide them with a network of drivers that upon request will come and pick up the item. Benefit to the driver is that they can make as many pickups as the system will allow, depending on what items they have (i.e. if they have food, flowers, etc the system wont allow more pickups until those are delivered) and have google map's api reconfigure the route. They get to keep the tips plus most (or maybe all, not sure yet) of the delivery fee.

I'm a mechanical engineer with some understanding of developing, but its definitely not my forte. I've been dealing with freelancers to have an MVP made, which consists of the iOS app, web admins and api's for a relatively cheap amount (I need to boot strap hard, at least until my concept is proven).

My question is (other than a website) what else would I need? My main concern is that whatever I make wont crash

I haven been able to find a more technical partner but I still want to go and figure things as I go, you know what they say, If you're not embarrassed by the first version of your product, you launched too late

Li Jean-Luc Harris likes this.

2. Dan Resnic

Dan Resnic Entrepreneur

3. azgold

azgold Moderator Entrepreneur

@Dan Resnic - this is a great, unique concept, as far as I know. Congrats on that!

I can't help you on the technical aspect but I can put out a 'call' to see if we can get you an answer, which I have already done.

Hang tight.

4. Dan Resnic

Dan Resnic Entrepreneur

@azgold thank you for the support! looking forward to that!

5. VirtualGlobalPhone

VirtualGlobalPhone Moderator Entrepreneur

@Dan Resnic , Welcome to entrepreneurfix.
    'Concept' is good - Normally people will start from first choosing the market in proportion to the experience and budget they have.
    In terms of IT - Right from the Local Phone number to any collaborative web app. Shoul dhelp you to get the ball rolling. But the important thing is "POSITIONING" of your business.

Best wishes...

6. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Entrepreneur

This is a re-emerging niche. Delivery of anything has been conceived in many different fields for thousands of years. Your concept is already in use with more defined niches. The technology you want to develop is already developed. I think it would wise to contact companies that have already built the technology and license it. Many compnaies sell white label and license white label. This alone will save you development costs in the beginning. Then, if necessary, once you are in the black, you can think about developing your own technology for it.

This is a highly competitive field. Courier services, drone deliveries, as well as the top current delivery services like same day delivery from Amazon (many others beginning to launch this soon).

I recommend finding the current technology in use, get your prototype launched in alpha stage to prove you have a good model, and then move to the beta. Once you prove your model and launch it, then think about creating your own technology.

azgold likes this.