BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. bookwithbit

bookwithbit Entrepreneur

we are making app for solo traveler to meet . shararoom is match making app for solo traveler so they can share hotel cost and hotel room .

2. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Entrepreneur

I think that's a great idea for an app. I just want to hear more specific details about it though. Keep us posted!

3. William Clements

William Clements Moderator Business Owner Entrepreneur

I want to hear more specifics as well. However, it seems like a great and unique idea. You will need to do some research to find out the best way to market it!

4. bookwithbit

bookwithbit Entrepreneur

here is what we are thinking . it is like creating personal profile like we create for online dating but it will related to hotel .Like preference of hotel ,smoking or not smoking , etc. so two solo traveling from two different destination to one common destination .so anyone can put travel planning on our app so whoever searching or you searching on our app and you will find a match according to your profile. then you can request the person you like to be stay with and someone sees your profile they can send request to you so you can accept and you can denied that. after accepting request you both can chat and find the hotel you like and book a hotel room with two bed. if you book within budget and share cost then you save cost. but you like to stay in higher end hotel then you both can use or maximum budget amount so you can stay in nicer hotel. E.g ; lets say your budget for hotel in $75 and person who is joining you have budget is $75. Now you have $150 total. now you can book a hotel which is come within your budget price as single room let say you use Days inn Hotel all the time because it is in your budget and person who is joining he is staying same level hotel because his budget is also $75 while booking hotel room by himself. after pairing up you have two option that book the hotel Days inn@ $85 for two bed or you book a hotel room which is nicer than Days inn . lets say if you book with Hampton Inn so you can choose to pay for maximum $150. so no saving here but you staying in nicer hotel then before. if you want to save money than you can stay in Days inn where cost is only $85. now you can split this to two $42.50 for each so each person is saving $42.50.

5. William Clements

This is an interesting concept, as far as a know, there is no such site/app that allows this to date. To accommodate for everyone will this only be for singles that are men seeking women & women seeking man or will it support those two plus Men seeking men, women seeking women, men seeking men & women, women seeking men & women, and last be not least, men and/or women seeking groups of either, both, or multiple parties.

Knowing this will be one way to help find what type/places are worth advertising. For example, you would not want to advertise your app on the logo channel if it does not support same sex roommates or both since the logo channel is specifically made and watched by the GBLT Community.

I wish you the best of luck. I own a few apps myself that I ma doing nothing with since I do not know how to edit anything or what not.

6. bookwithbit

bookwithbit Entrepreneur

for time being we are just matching man with man and woman with woman and couple who want to stay in with other couple in room. than we will change as people requirement. for security we have only this option. also this is not dating app or one night stand app. but we don't know all the people since people who using airbnb.com and they also sharing in bed also. but we don't want to promote this kind of activity . but it is all depend what user wants. Like to get your thought thanks

7. William Clements

I do understand the concept to save money. The reason I brought up sexual orientation is because lets face it, one night stands will end up happening and maybe even find their soul mate.

8. bookwithbit

bookwithbit Entrepreneur

yes that's why I said it is on user how they want to use. because airbnb have purpose to find a place to stay with affordable price . but host and rental both using that other way too. so we cant stop or we cant tell what user should do but we can limit that just allowing man with man and woman with woman , couple with couple search.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2015
  9. Brian D. Evans

Brian D. Evans Business Owner Entrepreneur

Take a look at StartupTravels.com it does something similar, but for business meetings while traveling. Might be able to get some inspiration there.

10. bookwithbit

bookwithbit Entrepreneur

I am not quite getting you. what is mean by Business meeting while traveling?

11. Brian D. Evans

Brian D. Evans Business Owner Entrepreneur

What I mean is, it's a slightly different concept for a different market but you might be able to get some useful ideas from that site in terms of having people connect while traveling.

12. EF-Roger

EF-Roger Entrepreneur

Sounds interesting.

13. bookwithbit

bookwithbit Entrepreneur

14. davide strina

davide strina Entrepreneur

I often travel alone and I am not entusiasthic about the idea the share the room with people I do not know. that's my opinion.

T J Tutor likes this.