BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. James Fresh

James Fresh Entrepreneur

So i bought three domains, and i think two of these are awesome.. But how much does Domain Names matter in SEO And getting traffic?

so i bought jamesfresh.com. which i will use as my own "Brand" Website when i am branding myself through Video and regular blogging.

Then i bought huntyourgoals.com. and gorillacoaching.com As i want to make money doing online coaching as a Personal Trainer..

Not sure if Gorillacoaching.com sounds as catchy as it should, but does that really matter?

Was thinking about doing some Instagram campaigns regards to the Gorilla thing...

But the huntyourgoals.com is a good domain for a website related to Goals in general, could be a great site for some kind of goal, or motivation related applications or some shit..

What you guys think about these domains?

setupdisc likes this.

2. Vinaya.Ghimire

Vinaya.Ghimire Entrepreneur

I have a website with the name Vinaya Speaks (also a domain name). I lunched this website to promote myself as a brand as well as sell my ebooks. In my opinion, hamesfresh is a great domain name for promoting your brand. Your other domain names also sound good to me. As long as the domain name and the content of the website match, I think you are on the right track

setupdisc likes this.
  3. James Fresh

James Fresh Entrepreneur

My real name is James Taylor, but i want to use "James Fresh" as my online "name" if you know what i mean..

And Gorillacoaches as the site i use to sell my Coaching services.. Or that "Huntyourgoals as that

setupdisc likes this.
  4. Shishir Giri

Shishir Giri Entrepreneur

Domain names are important but more with your visitors than SEO. You'll want something that easy to remember AND relevant. And I think most of your domains are just that.

setupdisc likes this.
  5. Cleveland76

Cleveland76 Entrepreneur

I would say of the three domain names, the jamesfresh.com and gorillacoaching.com seem to be the best and are easy to say/read. However I'm not as fond of the huntyourgoals.com domain name personally. I guess it's mainly because I've never heard people speak of "hunting" their "goals". But also because when I initially looked at it, I had to pause for a bit to figure out what the domain name was actually saying. The word "hunty" stuck out at me at first glance, which if you're not familiar with it - it's a slang term popular among the drag community, and popularized on Ru Paul's Drag Race. It's basically a combination of "honey" and, well, the "C" word, lol.

setupdisc likes this.
  6. setupdisc

setupdisc Moderator Entrepreneur

If you ever go into folk music, you will have it made! :) As far as the domains go, I would try to focus your SEO efforts on the two main aspects of each domain: "coaching" and "goals". If anything correlates too closely with gorillas or hunting, then you'll start pulling some unexpected web traffic and results from things outside of the scope of what you're wanting to market. Those are good .com's though. Catchy and easy to put onto a business card or market with.

Just be careful on your word strategy. For example, you might have a tagline like: "Ride the Marketing Subway - Stay Fresh!" if you plan to use James Fresh as the leading role and name for things. But even something like that would start pulling unexpected traffic from places like Subway sandwich shops since they use a slogan that is so close (or relative) on Google and other search engines and directories. Google might react strangely if it gets mixed signals and start giving results of similar sites like National Geographic or the local zoo if too much emphasis is on gorillas. Cabellas and sporting goods shops might pop up the same way if the emphasis is too strong on "hunt". Their algorithms are getting better at this, but it's still something to look out for.

7. James Fresh

James Fresh Entrepreneur

I just bought the domaine

Gainsfitness.com

If you google Gains, the first thing that comes up is

Gains is best described as a lifestyle that many take to put on muscle and get into shape.

setupdisc likes this.
  8. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

When it comes to domain names I'm far from an expert but I was also under the impression that it had little to do with SEO but everything to do with how memorable your sites are.

People want a name that will stick in their mind and be unique. With that in mind I'd have thought that Gorillacoaching would have stuck in the mind more than the other in my opinion.

9. James Fresh

James Fresh Entrepreneur

How about gains fitness?

setupdisc likes this.
  10. setupdisc

As long as your domain and your content have a heavy correlation toward gaining fitness and retaining it, or the words and synonyms to the main topic and content are used enough intelligently to where the search algorithms see it as a good fit for what people are searching for, it should be ok. You may have to market it and push your SEO a little harder than usual for it and tailor your keywords, but I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to market it if you wanted to.

11. James Fresh

James Fresh Entrepreneur

Gains have 9.000.000 Posts on Instagram, fitness have 109.000.000 on instagram.

"Them Gains" "Gains" is a meme in fitness, muscle, working out communities..

setupdisc likes this.
  12. setupdisc

Oh? I wasn't aware it was already a reference. In that case, you're set. I'd just promote it and not worry too much about it since what you need for it to be important is already there. Thanks for the update on that; I wasn't aware it was already a buzz word in that community.

13. Vinaya.Ghimire

Vinaya.Ghimire Entrepreneur

Have you hosted your domains? What kind of contents you are posting on your websites. Domain name and website names are important, however, you should also focus on content building. Your contents should match the theme and title topic of your domain. Your contents should be keyword rich, but never do keyword stuffing.

14. briannagodess

briannagodess Entrepreneur

Here are my thoughts:

1. jamesfresh.com - I actually like this name. It's catchy and creative and since you are going to use this as your site for yourself, I think it fits as well.

2. gorillacoaching.com - I like this one as well. I think it really fits the theme of personal coaching but in a unique way.

3. huntyourgoals.com - I don't like this one as much as the other two but I guess in SEO it might have some merits. It's a nice name with keywords on it. But I don't find it as unique as the other two.

setupdisc and James Fresh like this.
  15. James Fresh

James Fresh Entrepreneur

I was thinking about using Jamesfresh.com for me as a Person.

I changed my official name from Dag Monge Johansen to James Taylor. But want to use James Fresh as my "Online Resume"

So Jamesfresh.com were i collect all my work etc.. Want to make some music aswell at some point.

Then Gorillacoaching.com for Lifecoaching.

Then gainsfitness.com for Personal Training and Body Transformation

setupdisc likes this.
  16. setupdisc

JamesFresh.com is catchy. I like it. You'll probably want to build a social media presence and use that as your tagline if you're doing vlogging or other types of videos. jamesfresh.com/music would be as easy as music.jamesfresh.com if you did a subdomain. I'd probably do both just to make it easy on people if they remember one more than the other.

Although myspace is outdated now, they've made a little bit of a comeback on music and indie artist promotion over the years again. So having a myspace profile with your new name would be a good idea too just to add to your list for social media presence with what you plan to do.

17. Arken June Malvecino

Arken June Malvecino Entrepreneur

In order to have your audience, you have to introduce it to them. For me, I used the social media. Advertising is also a good way of making it known. You just need a bucket of patience bro, if you know what I mean.

18. Barbara Southwell

Barbara Southwell Business Owner Entrepreneur

I sold domain names for years and then websites and now I work with thousands of resellers around the world. In my opinion and domain name that has a person's name in it to me says 'one man band' and wouldn't necessarily exude confidence and I would prefer to buy from a company.

I really like gorillacoaching.com or your idea along the lines of 'gains fitness'

19. James Fresh

James Fresh Entrepreneur

i have already bought gainsfitness.com

So what you mean is, i should use a name that makes it seem like a "Company" and not as an individual? I am going to use "James Fresh" as my personal website, portfolio and were i collect everything i have.. Like business, youtube channels, music etc etc

20. Barbara Southwell

Barbara Southwell Business Owner Entrepreneur

Hi James,
    Hi James, that is exactly what I mean. I am sure you will do well as you have some great ideas.