BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Need a Business Idea? Here are 55

Discussion in 'General Business and Entrepreneurship' started by EF-Roger, Aug 23, 2015.

Share This Page

1. EF-Roger

EF-Roger Entrepreneur

Today, tens of thousands of people are considering starting a home based business, and for good reasons. On average, people can expect to have two and three careers during their work life. Those leaving one career often think about their second or third career move being to their own home. People who have been part of the traditional nine-to-five work force and are on the verge of retiring from that life are thinking of what to do next. The good news: Starting a homebased business is within the reach of almost anyone who wants to take a risk and work hard.

$1,500 or less to start up

Read more Need a Business Idea? Here are 55

Bev and MarcoDM like this.

2. Ryan Cameron

Ryan Cameron Entrepreneur

Thank for sharing some wonderful business idea. I was looking for these kind of topic.

3. Bev

Bev Entrepreneur

Great list with great niches, thanks for sharing

4. earnrupee

earnrupee Entrepreneur

will find out those ideas ! if any idea helpful to me really appreciated thanks for sharing admin.

5. 111kg

111kg Entrepreneur

This is a major fail from entrepreneur.com. Let's see:

1. Accountant!!!! In my country, you have to go to college, spend 3 years there, graduate, and then take even more exams. There are tons of accountants who don't have anything to work.

2. Business plan service. Sooo..you have never owned a business but want to help people plan their businesses? Well, it doesn't work this way.

3. Public notary. In my country, you need to finish the law school, bribe another public notary to teach you and then you can work.

And I could go on...

6. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

While there are a few decent possibilities on the list, there was also some odd suggestions aswell don't you think? Boat cleaner? Chimney sweep? They wouldn't be business opportunities that would spring to mind to be honest.

When it comes to starting up a business, I think a lot depends on your location and the amount of people you can attract, aswell as finding somthing your good at and enjoy doing.

7. Kathryn M.

Kathryn M. Entrepreneur

That is a pretty good list. However, some of the options are unrealistic. Such as becoming an accountant or a financial planner. The description on both jobs stated, "Experience, training or licensing may be needed". The last time I checked, you definitely needed training and licensing to become a legitimate accountant or financial planner that clients will take seriously.

The bicycle repair is a very good idea. My young nephew who is 15 years old has had a bike repair business set up in my parent's backyard since he was in elementary school. You would be amazed at how many kids in the neighborhood need their bikes fixed. There would be times where I'd go to my parent's house and there would be about 5-6 little boys on the side of the house getting their bikes looked at. It's the perfect business for a little boy and it takes the place of the now obsolete paper route that no longer exist.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2015
  8. Steve Dawson

Steve Dawson Entrepreneur

Yes, its a slightly strange list that obviously won't apply to every part of the World. Its certainly a good starting point for anyone to look at and potentially find something of a similar nature that there is a demand for in their locality. The young lad repairing his friends bikes has the right idea, he's found a market, he's got the skills to supply that demand, and he's a roaring success from the sounds of it. Thats what we have to consider, is there a demand ? Can we supply something to fill that demand ? Can we do it without training or qualifications ? Thats the mind-set a list like this instills in me, I can't be an accountant, but maybe I could be a mortgage-broker. Don't be constrained by the things you can't do on the list, use it to explore new possibilities and avenues.

9. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

Well I couldn't be a chimney sweep because I don't know anybody that as a coal fire with a chimney so that's one to cross off the list.

As for the accounting, I'm pretty sure that people can do anything they out their mind to, and if you look into something like that as a business opportunity, you might find its actually not that difficult to get into.

10. Apolloniac

Apolloniac Entrepreneur

This is great. Working on your own time seems much more productive and conducive to a quality life. Thank you for sharing.

pwarbi likes this.
  11. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

In the long term having your own business is rewarding but at the start, whatever it is you decide to do, requires long hours, hard work and the ability to bounce back from a lot of set backs.

I think that's why a lot of good business ideas fall at the first hurdle and don't get off the ground properly. People like the idea of their own business but aren't prepared to our the initial effort in to make it work and expect success right from day one and that very rarely happens.

12. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Entrepreneur

Thanks for sharing these great tips and ideas to us here. Very relevant and helpful.

As for me, I am also thinking about building my own business in the future. Since I would want to do this at the convenience of my own home, it is probably going to be an online clothing store.

13. Kathryn M.

Kathryn M. Entrepreneur

Cool. If you do start an online clothing store, be sure to add small accessories. That market is booming and growing faster than clothing. Where a lot of people may not be able to afford to buy clothing due to the economy, they will be willing to buy smaller accessories. Which can make up for slow sales on clothing. It's like the old saying, "Sometimes it's better to turn quick quarters, than a slow dollar". I have found that to be very true in today's fashion market.

Good luck, and be sure to post your website here when you do start it so we can shop!