BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. Foxus

Foxus Entrepreneur

Zebu Motors - When I was a wee one, I thought about starting a car company. A electric car company, with cars available to the masses. Futuristic design, both inside and out. Bodies made out of aluminum (Ford has shown there is success w/ aluminum bodies), employing safety technologies like anti-skid and wildlife detection, as well as using bullet proof glass to increase durability. Consumers would be able to purchase online, the product being shipped direct from the factory.

Secret Apple Resorts - An idea influenced by the success of David Wynn, this resort would be like none other. Futuristic architecture, and top of the line amenities.

Delta of Intel - An internet broadcasting/publishing community where people can post news, without bias, and share information not reported on major news outlets, as well as non-news.

Brian D. Evans likes this.

2. Brian D. Evans

Brian D. Evans Business Owner Entrepreneur

Cool ideas!

I say... go for it! You could make any of those businesses work. Some obviously have higher barriers to entry than others, but certainly possible.

3. Brian D. Evans

Which are you most passionate and knowledgeable on?

4. Foxus

Foxus Entrepreneur

To answer the first half of the question, part of the passion is in the money. The money is halfway driving me into this part of the forest. What's also driving that passion is becoming a figure of global significance. I'm not necessarily knowledge in these subjects, but as humans, we're supposed to continuously learning. Probably the third idea is the idea with the least amount of barriers. In terms of funding, the first two would be a stretch. I'd have to go from rags to riches for that to happen.

But I'm also thinking about developing an app for Android, a e-commerce app that allows consumers to buy their fruits and vegetables directly from farmers, as well as negotiate the prices, and have the produce brought to their doorstep. As its been said, "Technology startups are the land of equity and opportunity." But on that note, how would you suggest I not just 1. get funding for the idea and 2. address perspective farmers, trying to gain their interest for the service? Should it be something like this:

To whom it may concern,

I am a entrepreneur who will be beginning a e-commerce produce service, and I am writing you today in hopes of gaining your interest. The service would allow consumers from the general public to access and purchase your goods directly, as well as a method of direct-to-home delivery of the goods.

5. Brian D. Evans

Happy to give some input!

There's a lot of material out there on getting funding, I wrote a recent blog about that in the link in my signature. In short though, friends and family are the easiest route to get started. If they don't have cash, ask for referrals and to introduce you to their friends/network. Chances are someone in your existing extended network has money and might invest if the idea is good enough. It's much easier to get funding from friends/family/extended network in the idea phase than it is from most others.

As for the pitch,
    I never like to start a pitch with "To whom it may concern" in fact, when I get those, I delete them immediately. The reason is - I know the person didn't do any research to bother figuring out my name and they are sending it around to a ton of people without any personalization. Don't do that. Research who you are sending it to and put in more effort on personalization. Mention specific products they sell and make it personal, and make sure it solves a problem that they have.

6. Foxus

Foxus Entrepreneur

Good advice. A way to definitely avoid that awkward moment.

What do you suggest I do first? Work on finding out how to develop the app (which resources seem reasonably easy for Android at least) or pass the idea by farmers first, see if they would even be willing to do so? I don't think they would be too open to disclose their problems, just their successes (like anyone would) unless you asked them specifically. Would it be smart to ask this as part of the pitch or not? Thanks in advance.

7. 111kg

111kg Entrepreneur

Well, we have Reddit for that already. I wouldn't never start a platform like that, honestly. There is so much bad attitude and negativity lately everywhere I look around that I wouldn't want to deal with it on a daily basis. So many trolls, so many offended people... definitely a big no no for me :)

8. Foxus

Foxus Entrepreneur

Another idea for me is this, and its one that's a little risky. Its a prospect whenever I talk to fellow entrepreneurs about, either I get no response, or they generally stay silent, like the legalization isn't up their alley personally.
    Its called Cannabis King. I am fortunate to live in a state where its legal. It would be the Walmart of cannabis, so to speak.

Every strain would be available, both medical and recreational, with a choice of up to over 500 strains, both indicas (the type that give you couch lock) and sativa (the type that give you energy, creativity, and in some cases, euphoria). Edibles and accessories would be available as well, along with a test customers can take to determine the right strain for them.

9. Brian D. Evans

Facebook can be similar, you post one thing that's slightly political or opinionated and before you know it someone is calling you an idiot because they don't agree and can't come up with anything intelligent to say. It would be slightly less interesting without those people, but in some cases it could be a problem worth solving. Perhaps some kind of algorithm to let the side owner choose what's allowed. Although, then we get into a censorship debate. Could still have uses though from a technology standpoint.

10. 111kg

111kg Entrepreneur

Definitely. But, IMHO, it's not worth it. As an entrepreneur, I am focused to bringing revenue from day one. Such a project would only start bringing money only after a certain period of time.

11. Digsby Trace

Digsby Trace Entrepreneur

People with big, crazy ideas usually are the ones ending up successful. No matter how brillian ideas are if someone does not have the courage to pursue them, then it will always remain an idea, and those people who only rely on facts and everything they read will have a minimal progress. Your idea sounds great. There is a huge competition outside the market but if you have a unique and convenient platform, then people will use your app. The core solution is make your product stand out.

An e-commerce app that allows consumers to buy their fruits and vegetables directly from farmers, as well as negotiate the prices, and have the product brought to their doorstep is a great idea as people are starting to be health conscious and news about fertilizers and other farm hazard that vegetables in the markets have will make you want to go straight to your trusted farmer and buy vegetables directly.

Try to have a loan at the bank or consult the farmers first by visiting them in their farms. You could also try checking forum based on farming because those who are interested in farming and buying organic products usually contribute and read that kind of forum.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
  12. briannagodess

briannagodess Entrepreneur

I actually like the idea of a resort. The Secret Apple Resorts can be appealing to many people. Have you decided on where you would like to put the resort? I recommend finding a place that is not yet known to many people. There are numerous virgin islands even in my country. The beaches are clear and has white sand. In time, these places will be visited by tourists. There are even places exclusive only to members and the fee is quite high to be a member. Good luck in choosing and I hope you do well!

13. ReadmeByAmy

ReadmeByAmy Entrepreneur

You had very nice ideas with regards to your business plans that is already there in your mind. Your determination and will power will surely make it for you to choose the business that you can handle it right and that will bring you to success. Whatever you choose go for it! All the best of luck to you!