BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Small Business, and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. Foxus

Foxus Member

Hi all, thought I would share my idea with ya'll.

Its a e-commerce business (e-commerce being predicted to be a booming industry), specializing in produce of both vegetables and fruits, maybe eventually ethnic foods. Consumers would be able to communicate with farmers/supplies directly, and have direct-to-home delivery. No middle man, no having to leave the house, consumers are always looking for new ways-new, convenient ways to not only get food, but eat healthier as well. From gourds to watermelons to corn cobs to jalapenos, it would be available 24/7, fresh from the ground. Suggested recipes included.

Consumers could pay via PayPal or by credit card.

Doing some Google searches, I haven't been able to find anything like this.

Najam Abedi and dyanmarie25 like this.

2. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Member

It's a pretty great idea, @Foxus. That sounds really convenient for the consumers. Very interesting. Thanks for sharing, and all the best to you. :)

3. Najam Abedi

Najam Abedi Member

Great Idea

4. EF-Roger

EF-Roger Member

Keep us posted should you decided to look into this further

5. Foxus

Foxus Member

So I did use different keywords and found a competitor who does kinda what I'm wanting to do, called Fruit-Commerce. It describes on its site that it is for "professional sector operators with the option of allowing buyer and seller to negotiate prices in real time." Now, I don't know what they mean by "professional sector operators," but I know its a competitor that would be doing what I'm looking to be doing. It also describes itself as "the commercial evolution of the fruit and vegetable sector."

How do I separate myself from competitors like that? I thought about the name, Produce Pounce. Secondly, there is a competitor called Greencart, that earlier this year just raised $1.5 million angel funding from a Techno Group. I don't know, I'm starting to kinda doubt this idea, how to I keep confidence as well that it could work?

6. There are a few people in India doing the same but not direct from farmers to home - not sure of the cost / benefit analysis of it, but if you have something proprietary that you are building to solve this problem. Its an awesome idea.

Don't worry about investors - usually a lot of investors are invested in exactly similar idea for example Tiger Global is invested in Uber as well as Ola both competing taxi services in India.

Hope that helps.