BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. ReadmeByAmy

ReadmeByAmy Entrepreneur

If you are an entrepreneur or had an existing business already and based on your own experiences whom do you think it is easy to interact or communicate with? Is it men or women? And when it comes to patronizing your products whom do you think had been loyal to your business? And do you believe that most women customers are easy to deal with than men? Or there are men customers who are also easy to deal with? What are your thoughts about this thing?

setupdisc likes this.

2. ruener79

ruener79 Entrepreneur

It has never occurred to me have a comparative data on which between the genders make a more loyal customer. I've always thought, regardless of genders, they're still customers. But now that I've to think this, off the top of my head, I'd say it has nothing to do with their gender but more to do with your products. There are products that appeal more to a specific gender. Regardless of gender, customers who feel that the company is not upholding to their promise of quality good/service - they still end up being frustrated and irate customers. In the same token, when they like what you are offering - then they both end up loyal customers.

setupdisc and ReadmeByAmy like this.
  3. rz3300

rz3300 Entrepreneur

Well it certainly depends on the product or the nature of the business or the service provided, but surely there are some differences when it comes to appealing to your target audience. For products that are more gender neutral, though, that is where you might start to see some stark differences, and I am curious to see if anyone has anything to add in regards to that situation.

setupdisc, ReadmeByAmy and Ladyferoz like this.
  4. Ladyferoz

Ladyferoz Entrepreneur

I agree, it depends on the product or service your business provides. I have heard the saying "men buy, women shop" which basically means women like glass shopping, going store to store etc which could probably mean that first impressions are more important to them where guys, tend to skip that part and just buy. If they want to buy a tennis racket, they probably compare prices in one shop and buy. I think that might be a little sexist but in my life, it applies. My boyfriend doesn't care about the price but he is more of the quantity of the product. While I'm always attracted to a sale and discounted item, it really hypnotizes me to buy.

5. Corazon

Corazon Entrepreneur

I think gender is only relevant in some cases but not in all cases. When we opened a computer supplies retail business, the scheme is to get suppliers and prospective clients. And since it is retail so it is more of a personal association with the clients. Sometimes our sales people would complain of a groucy male purchasing officer and at other times it would be a female purchasing staff who is grouchy. But generally, I think our women customers are more friendly than male customers... maybe because all our sales people are female.

setupdisc likes this.
  6. remnant

remnant Entrepreneur

Women customers are easier to deal with any day. Women are not fussy buyers when shopping for basics. They have a social aspect to their buying as opposed to men who are hard nosed buyers. The advantage with this is that they are more likely to be repeat customers. On the other hand when male customers buy luxury goods, they rarely count the loss. Women are also strict when it comes to fashion goods.

7. davidper

davidper Entrepreneur

Well certainlyit depends ontheproductorthe nature ofbusinessor serviceoffered,but surely thereare some differenceswhen it comes toappealing toyour targetaudience.

8. jona

jona Entrepreneur

I am lucky enough to sell a product that's very gender neutral since it is sold to organizations more so than to individual persons. I would say that, of all the problems that we faced, the problematic people are distributed quite equally between both genders, so, it was more about those individuals in particular regardless of their genders.

setupdisc likes this.
  9. Goldstandard89

Goldstandard89 Entrepreneur

I think it's easier to get females to spread the word about products they love. My female buyers outnumber my male buyers, but part of that is because of my specific niche. Gender doesn't matter if they love something. It's more about what you're selling and how you're selling it. It also has to do with their age and if they have available cash. Younger customers are quicker to try new things but older customers might be more loyal.

setupdisc likes this.
  10. setupdisc

setupdisc Moderator Entrepreneur

Females seem to be more impulse buyers in luxury, whereas males are more logical buyers looking for the multiuse or extended value in a product, purchase, or service. Due to the (usually) more social nature of women for what they love, they're more likely to give word of mouth on products they like or enjoy, whereas men are more likely to refer a friend or colleague based upon a need served and a job well done in trust. More often than not, a woman's desire or appreciation for what she enjoys in a product or service tends to be the driving force in her support and endorsement for it. For a male, it's a known history of a reliable source, and an extension of his own trust and reputation before others to make the recommendation to a friend or colleague. How the job goes well either looks good upon the friend, or any issues might reflect negatively. So the likelyhood of it going well usualy has to be more so than not to be given strong support for a guy in that way.

There's some occasions and conditions where the roles for this are the opposite, but not that often. It's usually this way more times than not.

seancojr likes this.
  11. jewelraz

jewelraz Entrepreneur

We don't have women clients! Unfortunately we can't answer your question for sure. As we provide our services to men, I could say men are loyal to their businesses and they are loyal with us too.

setupdisc likes this.
  12. Nancy

Nancy Entrepreneur

In my contract embroidery business I didn't really have a gender preference for customers. I had good and bad of both sexes. I must say that on the bad side, the women were more verbally rude. I had men and women who were annoying, but was actually cursed and yelled at only by women (both representing religious organizations too!). Hmmm...I had never really thought about it before. On the good customer side, I would say it was about even, gender-wise.

setupdisc likes this.
  13. 111kg

111kg Entrepreneur

Strictly related to my job, I tend to prefer women customers. They tend to tell exactly what they want, tend to communicate better and to pay more when they are satisfied for the services. On the other hand, men to pay nothing more, nothing less and tend to not be extremely specific about what they want.

setupdisc likes this.
  14. Bonyi

Bonyi Entrepreneur

In my kind of work, I deal with both men and women alike and I get response from both of them. The women seem to put in more commitment than the men but we have to carry both along. I know of someone who is into shoe business and he prefers dealing with men than women. He believes that women are more complex to deal with than men.

setupdisc likes this.
  15. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Entrepreneur

Skilled communicators don't have issues with differences in gender.

setupdisc likes this.
  16. scotbiddick

scotbiddick Entrepreneur

Men has the higher tendency to be loyal. When it works they stick to it. Women likes innovation. IMO.

setupdisc likes this.
  17. Scooby Snack

Scooby Snack Entrepreneur

I would expand on that by saying a savvy communicator understands that men and women tend to speak different languages and respond to different stimuli.

setupdisc likes this.
  18. doodles67

doodles67 Entrepreneur

I do not have a gender preference for customers. I will say that women tend to rely on recommendations from friends, and they seem o browse the store more than men. Men tend to have a purpose in shopping because they know they want one or two items, and those are the items they purchase.

setupdisc likes this.
  19. CheckTheNumbers

CheckTheNumbers Entrepreneur

I worked in sales, and I noticed a different thing about men/women - you always wanted men & women at the same time, men always say "I can't make a decision without my wife" and same for women. As for making the sale, women were usually easier because they were more honest when they didn't actually want to buy things, where dudes tend to give you the run-around, so annoying.

setupdisc likes this.
  20. Alaine

Alaine Entrepreneur

Women are better at communicating than men. We all know that in theory but you have to experience it practically to accept the fact.

I owned a small grocery store in a small town a few years back. Many of my customers were women and I liked them because they knew exactly what they wanted. Never had any of them try to return something because "it's not what they wanted in the first place." My dealings with male customers were less pleasant but I had to be polite because I didn't want to lose any of the customers.

setupdisc likes this.