BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. onlinecashcity

onlinecashcity Entrepreneur

I can see how social media and stuff can be used to promote larger scale apps, but what about basic apps, such as a game?

I have a few games that I have developed on iOS and aside from a few thousand followers on Twitter and posting the link to it every so often, I'm not really sure how to market it. It wouldn't make sense to make a FB page about the game since it is just a small project.

Maybe a larger, tech-based Facebook page or something and then slip the app in there sometimes?

Anybody have experience getting people to play/download apps?

2. loverman99

loverman99 Entrepreneur

Not long ago, a guy came up with an app that contains tons of pick-up lines and it's gone pretty much viral.

3. Schmetterling

Schmetterling Entrepreneur

You should write to a lot of websites or blogs covering apps and invite them to try your games. Maybe offer them full access for free. Alternatively, you could try PPC advertising. If you can find that sweet spot where you're making more money than you're spending on advertising you could have a nice, almost passive method of generating money.

4. onlinecashcity

Never considered the PPC. Currently there is little revenue on the app, but everyone who has used it says it's great. I can definitely consider that.

Any recommendations on sites/blogs that like to review things like apps? I figured marketing it would only be posting links somewhere and not having somebody write about it!

5. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Entrepreneur

That's actually a good idea to promote your app on various social media sites, specially Facebook and Twitter. You could also try marketing it on blogs and forums. Best of luck with that! :)

6. Arken June Malvecino

Arken June Malvecino Entrepreneur

What I did for mine is that I joined a Facebook group of online sellers in my city. It's because my app is for them, it's an app version of my website which is a classifieds site. I marketed my app on those groups and fortunately, I gained some users.

7. Schmetterling

Schmetterling Entrepreneur

Google something like "game review" and you will find plenty of websites. Alternatively, you could simply find people that would fit the gamer profile on facebook or twitter and pay them to write positively about your apps. There's nothing that gets people to buy something more than recommendations from people they know.

8. onlinecashcity

I think another idea for me, since my social media presence isn't too heavy, is for next game (or my current one) is to allow the player to share their score on facebook or twitter, kind of like to brag. I do see people posting things like that. Even if only a few out of the several hundred downloads I have gotten choose to do so, it could potentially get hundreds of eyes on it, and peak curiosity.

9. Vinaya.Ghimire

Vinaya.Ghimire Entrepreneur

You can market your app via freelancer site. Post a pitch and offer some incentives to download the app and then leave a review. This marketing tactics was used by someone I know. He offered 25 cent to download and review the app. In less than a week, there was about 500 downloads. The reviews gave push to the sales on the app store.

10. davidper

davidper Entrepreneur

well, markets need you to do it right