BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Entrepreneur

I have just heard the news today that the Facebook founder, and CEO, Mark Zuckerberg, together with his wife, would donate 99% of their wealth to charity. It's going to be around $45 billion. I totally admired them for doing such a thing. What are your thoughts regarding this?

2. EF-Roger

EF-Roger Entrepreneur

Well what are they going to do with $45 Billion? I mean really. A couple of Billion would be enough to live on.

Generous to say the least.

3. arthnel

arthnel Entrepreneur

Very generous indeed. They surely won't suffer, but that's not the focus anyway. The action, in and of itself, is powerful stuff. It sets a major example for those who have money like that and for those of us who don't. Many other millionaires have done similar acts of giving, though not as much, but it touches the heart to be reminded that there's a lot of good still in this world, regardless of all the crap and wars and terrorism going on. It was comforting to know of Mark and his wife's generosity to making the world a better place. Good will always trump evil.

4. Pop

Pop Entrepreneur

Its actually not a charity. It is a fund that will be able to invest in both charitable and standard profitable activities. But they sure spun it nicely so everyone assumed to was a charity with all the attendant rules and transparency requirements. Once upon a time the better sort of journalistic media investigated before just running with an unedited press release.

5. ReadmeByAmy

ReadmeByAmy Entrepreneur

Well, all I can say is that Mark Zuckerberg and his wife are only giving back and are sharing the blessings they had received to all the people who had supported and patronized this social media site which is "Facebook" where he is the founder. Despite of everything and their success they still showed their generosity in doing such this thing.