BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Small Business, and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. olgab

olgab Member

Hey Guys,
    Are you ever faced with a problem of finding a co-founder? What techniques you are using to find a co-founder? Do you think it is a big deal to find a co-founder?

I am trying to solve problem of finding a right co-founder. So any thoughts on this topic is very helpful.

Thanks!

2. VirtualGlobalPhone

VirtualGlobalPhone Moderator Member

@olgab ; welcome to entrepreneurfix.

And where exactly is your problem... ? ... person, technology, money, attitude ... etc ?

3. William Clements

William Clements Moderator Member

@olgab, Welcome to EntrepreneurFix!!!

4. olgab

olgab Member

You probably can easily find someone in social networks or on platforms that are specialized on matching co-founder. Problem that still exists, you can at best match with people on similar interests, location and maybe some skills. You are not actually connecting with them based on their vision of problem you are trying to solve. So creating a match based on how people see solving of problems, would probably give better results in creating strong team and project success.

Does this make sense for you?

5. VirtualGlobalPhone

@olgab ; Interesting ...

so you are proposing a algorithm or already ready service for matchmaking 'entrepreneurs' to become a "co-founders".

It may be a good 'New Thing!' but huge challenge to bring and automate with set of strength, emotions, vision etc. between two or multiple and show a match. Keep sharing and let us know how your project moves on...

6. olgab

olgab Member

Thanks for your feedback!

Yes, we are currently working on implementation and I was wondering to see what people think about idea in general.

7. identifying the better partner to the business is very important, it may be a big challenge also.

8. Ewa

Ewa Member

How about looking at their work ethics? It can tell you a lot about a person. You can start looking around your friends, co-workers, or even people you see working in a certain place that you have some level of interaction with.

--> Has this person worked in a job they hated, but still was best in the team and meticulous in detail? They are likely to stay committed to the goal.

--> Is this person not easily offended & not discouraged by failure? It is likely the see 'the Big Picture'. They are likely to understand your vision and have their own ideas.

Good way to get to know that is either psychometric tests (Free personality test | 16Personalities) .

Or, you can create your own so called 'recruitment tool' by creating a behavioural survey (Free & Beautifully Human Online Forms | Typeform) - best approach is to write specific scenarios and ask people how would they react (i.e. see their response to failure, ask them questions where they need to prioritise and pick most important factor/feature).

Also, by calling it recruitment survey you know you will get those people who are interested. Creating it may involve tapping into psychology, but can provide a valuable insight.

Good luck!

9. olgab

olgab Member

Guys, thanks for your feedback. Our current idea is some sort of survey, so we can better understand how two persons match each other. I've created a landing page (thefounder.online) where people can subscribe for mailing list, so I can see how many people are interesting in before moving forward. Now I have two new questions:
    1. How to promote it. I am thinking about posting a message about it on reddit, and few facebook groups. I am not sure if paid ads is a good idea at this point, because mainly I would like to get an idea how many people are actually willing to use such service.
    2. I am not sure if landing page is enough to understand main idea.

10. VirtualGlobalPhone

@olgab , Just a thought - if you need high quality interested people then you need put about the company, your intention , your email address, Phone number, your concept or services in detail.

Just a landing page to collect an email address may not fetch what it needs to move forward seriously.

11. olgab

olgab Member

Yes, probably it makes sense, because now it looks like more gathering an email for spam list. So probably need to give more attention to it, to get more trust from people. Ok will think on updating it.