BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Let's Talk Branding

Discussion in 'Sales' started by brandkoop, Aug 29, 2015.

Share This Page

1. brandkoop

brandkoop Business Owner Entrepreneur

Looking to connect with people interested in branding. Any discussions, questions, or comments about naming, design, brand identity and persona, core values, brand centric content marketing, etc. will be great! Brands are about inspiring people. Do you own a brand? What does your brand stand for and what are its core beliefs. (e-commerce sites or blogs count as online brands) How do you foresee its development or evolution. Or perhaps you'd like some feedback on branding ideas, anything goes! Looking forward to hear your ideas!

2. Ms Bizz

Ms Bizz Entrepreneur

I think your brand is one of the more valuable things you own and should be a reflection of your business. Branding needs to be consistent even down to the smallest details such as color of ink and size of font for example on company logo’s. I've worked with a few Brand and Marketing Managers that make sure this is clearly adhered to. And that's a good thing.

With this in mind, how should you approach changing the look of your brand? Sometimes a business can evolve or change making it desirable to re-brand and create a new image, perhaps even under a different name. I’m wanting to make a change sooner than later before I embark on the next growth phase.

3. William Clements

William Clements Moderator Business Owner Entrepreneur

My recommendation for branding would be to first start by branding yourself. This simply can be done by introducing yourself on your blog/website somewhere or separately. After you have done so, it would then become time to brand your business. To see an example of branding yourself, check out how I did it by Clicking Here.

4. arthnel

arthnel Entrepreneur

I think it should be mandatory for anyone getting into business to learn about branding, at some point. Branding works two ways, in my opinion; branding for the business and its products as well as personal branding. Branding holds you to be good to something good. You protect your brand because that's pretty much you out there, all the way. In your business you're more careful about the products you provide and the service to back what you offer. For your personal brand you protect your image and attitude because you understand how important they are in your every interaction.

Every channel utilized must seek to show great things about you and your products and services. Whether you are using a blog or FB page or twitter all must be done professionally. Images and grammatical errors say so much. If you did not take the time to check and correct multiple mistakes, then you're not going to email or return a call in time to have a customers problem fixed. Go for the greatest standards you can afford right now until you can get the best. Same thing goes for even your attire. Manage your brand and it will be sure to take you to amazing places.

5. thedude

thedude Entrepreneur

Branding is very important and takes a lot of work. Make your logo professional and match your business. Stick to one color theme based on the idea of your business... grass cutting service? green and earth colors. Make your logo modern, because you dont want to change it later on down the road. Business cards should be unique and stand out from the crowd even if it means spending more, people will recognize your brand more this way.

6. ctfranklin28

ctfranklin28 Entrepreneur

I refer to branding as "a dedicated spot in your customer's brain". It's the memory jogger that moves a customer either toward your brand or away from it. Part of the problem, in my opinion with branding, is that everyone wants good branding, but can't find the time to really deal with it. Branding is more than a logo or quirky name (We need to slow down on those quirky names anyway!). It's the sum total of what your prospective, past, and current customers feel about your brand. That comes across in everything, from the hold music you use (if you use that), whether your customer service is automated or not, whether your business has long check-out lines, etc. Yes, it's subjective, but as a business owner, it's your job to set the tone. You don't need to get all high-tech or fancy, but do what you can. Identify what you want to stand for and continually assess (using surveys, general observation, social media, etc.) whether that message is being sent correctly.

Branding is always an adjustment act (It's why well-known brands keep advertising), so never feel that it's just done.