BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Entrepreneur

All of us as business people have to assume many roles. We talk about roles so frequently that we often lose perspective of its meaning. You see, each role is a performance, and a performance is made up of acts. This is in a nutshell, acting. Now, as a successful person and business person, I can say that this was among the first of skills required of me by my earliest of employers.

Have you surrendered to understanding that when we are performing a role, that we are essentially acting?

Do you know how to compartmentalize yourself in order to be that which you are emulating?

I believe, as the result of decades of accepting this and pouring myself into it, that I have become a more effective and centered person and business person. How about you?

When it comes to leadership, which is a role in and of itself, everyone I know that has succeeded with leadership studies the successes of others. Much like studying another actor's performance. Do you have role models that you find yourself studying for the purpose of performing your role as a leader?

2. azgold

azgold Moderator Entrepreneur

Had not thought of it that way but it makes perfect sense.

I think so. Not always for long periods of time, though.

Re leadership...I never think of that really, because I work solo.

Personally, I believe you to be an ideal role model for business. Not saying that for flattery but for the knowledge and experience you have and share. I think you've proven yourself to be very good at what you do.

T J Tutor likes this.
  3. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Entrepreneur

I have found that leadership can also be developed during solo work in preparation for the day that leadership for the benefit of others arrives. In addition, you are in a position of leadership now and do a great job as a Mod!

This is a precious thought and I do have a great and deep appreciation for your words. Each day is a day to become more than I was the day before.

Thank You!

4. azgold

azgold Moderator Entrepreneur

Hadn't thought of it that way, and thank-you.

I think that's a great motto for us all to have!