BizWarriors Forum Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Share This Page

1. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Entrepreneur

KFC and McDonalds are both pretty popular fast food chains. Between them, which one do you prefer?

As for me, when it comes to fried chicken, I would definitely go with KFC. However, I totally love french fries and cheese burgers from McDonalds. :)

2. MandyMarieB

MandyMarieB Entrepreneur

McDonalds for me! Nothing like a Quarter Pounder meal and a tea. :)

3. harpazo22

harpazo22 Entrepreneur

If I had to choose it'd be KFC. But they're both gross and horrible quality.

4. azgold

azgold Moderator Entrepreneur

Moi, aussi! (me, too)

5. FuturedHosting.com

FuturedHosting.com Entrepreneur

6. arthnel

arthnel Entrepreneur

I'll do both. McDonald's during the week is fine; about for 2 days. By the weekend I usually look forward to something from KFC. I get tired of both for about 3 months and then start missing the taste before I get back on but during that period I have my flirts with so many other fast foods.

7. ReadmeByAmy

ReadmeByAmy Entrepreneur

I love eating both at McDonalds and KFC...They had their own food specialties that I like...KFC is great for their fried chicken and MCDonalds is great for their burgers...

8. Apolloniac

Apolloniac Entrepreneur

I saw my local McDonald's buy their lettuce from a farm so I know who they support and I think that's why they're ahead in globalizing the fast food industry. I know of previous KFC managers who've had bad experiences in their work and the fact that the brine is poisonous makes me doubt how healthy KFC actually is, nevertheless their chicken is the best but McDonald's wins because of variety.

Digsby Trace likes this.
  9. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Entrepreneur

I don't eat processed foods.

10. Cake

Cake Entrepreneur

11. Digsby Trace

Digsby Trace Entrepreneur

It depends where country I'm in. KFC and Mcdonalds don't offer the same thing in every country. Most Mcdonalds and KFC in Europe don't have Spaghetti and rice but have salad instead. In our country, I prefer KFC as they have the best fries and I love their spaghetti too although spaghetti in Mcdonalds is okay too. But in Europe, I prefer to go to Mcdonalds.

12. Teahi

Teahi Entrepreneur

It totally creeps me out to have people touch my food, even though I like the taste of fast food, so I find myself in a bit of a conundrum about the whole thing. That being said, I like KFC better because I feel that the amount of 'handling' any chicken that I order goes through is minimal in comparison to what a cheeseburger goes through at McDonald's.

13. Cleveland76

Cleveland76 Entrepreneur

I would say McDonald's, because KFC has gone downhill over the years in terms of food quality and customer service. That's not to say McDonald's is great by any means in terms of either, but they're just not as bad as KFC in my experiences.

At almost every KFC I've ever tried to go to, especially for lunch when I have a limited amount of time, I'm almost always stuck in line for an unreasonable amount of time waiting for my order, and waiting on the people in front of me. I've even tried going inside instead of using the drive thru, and it still didn't help. The employees are just lethargic and poking around, taking their good old time, with no sense of urgency at all. Also, their seasoning and breading on their food items are all very heavily processed tasting. Nothing tastes fresh there any more. It's a shame, because my folks used to take us to KFC quite often when I was younger (late 70's, early 80's) and their food was much better back then.

Not to mention, why would I spend $15-$20 for a bucket of chicken, when I can get it far cheaper at the hot foods section of my local grocery store for about $6-$7? Hell, I could even just go to Costco and get a whole rotisserie chicken, which is far healthier, for only $5.

I don't frequent McDonald's very much, but once in a while when I am out running errands and get hungry, I will swing by for one of their McDouble's, which is only like $1.25 or so. It's hits the spot without putting a dent in my wallet.

14. Errol Williams

Errol Williams Entrepreneur

I have absolutely boycotted McDonalds, so I suppose KFC by default. Where I grew up, Jamaica, had McDonalds for 10 years and eventually had to leave. I suspect they failed because their menu didn't try to adapt to Jamaican culture. Every other fast food chain had incorporated some part of Jamaican cuisine, however McDonald's never did that. KFC even served fish during Lent even though they were known for only serving chicken at the time. Their fish sandwiches were awesome. KFC all the way.

15. swalia

swalia Entrepreneur

I prefer McDonalds. I am a vegetarian and KFC has little to offer for vegetarians. But the reason I stopped going to KFC was the strong smell of chicken in their restaurants. It just made sitting there unbearable for me. However this is not the case at McDonalds though they serve non-veg too.

16. bria1

bria1 Entrepreneur

Neither...they both serve "frankenfood"...in which I enjoy eating something that I know is somewhat not fully modified. Genetically modified is not appealing to me. If my children were to choose it would be Mickey D's all the way. I do however enjoy their fries...but I also like the potato wedges KFC offers.

Valerie likes this.
  17. ProxyRadar

ProxyRadar Entrepreneur

McDonalds is my choice

18. starguy197

starguy197 Entrepreneur

In my opinion, I prefer McDonalds, considering the KFC where I live makes trash quality food. But overall my favorite fast food place is probably Wendy's.

19. rz3300

rz3300 Entrepreneur

I am not the biggest fast food eater out there, but I have to admit that it comes in handy when it needs to. That said, my one food that I cannot avoid getting when I go to these places is the french fries, so with this one I have to go with McDonald's. I do not even consider their fries among the best, but KFC does not have any so they do not compare here.

20. bria1

bria1 Entrepreneur

Fast food is not my favorite either...and further more I don't like the way they are skimping on some aspects of their food...at McDonald's for instance...when you order a burger the produce should look way more fresh than it does...maybe it's just me but that aspect of the sandwich should be not be wilted or give me the hard piece of the lettuce....no I want the green parts please.